• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting rejection for HDFC Bank credit cards

Kaizer

TF Buzz
Have been using Axis CCs (Flipkart and MyZone) for almost 6 years now. Last month applied for 2 HDFC Bank cards (Swiggy and Tata Neu) but got rejected for both after physical verification. No exact reason given by HDFC for this. Surprisingly however got the SBI Cashback CC within 2 days of applying that too with a credit limit which is 2.5x of my Axis cards. Now not even getting the option to apply for those HDFC cards through Swiggy and Tata Neu. Any idea why I got SBI card so easily but keep getting rejected for HDFC? Also, why can't I find the option to apply for the HDFC cards again?

Better get any core HDFC Card first.
You will get it easily through branch/agents.

Have been using Axis CCs (Flipkart and MyZone) for almost 6 years now. Last month applied for 2 HDFC Bank cards (Swiggy and Tata Neu) but got rejected for both after physical verification. No exact reason given by HDFC for this. Surprisingly however got the SBI Cashback CC within 2 days of applying that too with a credit limit which is 2.5x of my Axis cards. Now not even getting the option to apply for those HDFC cards through Swiggy and Tata Neu. Any idea why I got SBI card so easily but keep getting rejected for HDFC? Also, why can't I find the option to apply for the HDFC cards again?
same happend to me twice for tata & pixel cards, physical verification done twice and rejected due to internal policy and they are not giving exact reason even asked level-1,2 & grievance.. same answer.

will it be easier if I get a savings account made with HDFC?
only if u get pre approved offer with savings account.. i have seen many posts here saying they are getting rejected/not getting pre-approved offers even have years of savings account relation.

will it be easier if I get a savings account made with HDFC?
Just give it a pause for 2-3 months.

If you're really interested in HDFC Credit card, open a savings max account with 25K MAB with them. Later on you will get pre approved offers on making some UPI, Debit card transactions.

Core Cards: Money Back, Money Back+, Millinea, Diners Club Platinum, DCB, DCB Metal, Regalia, Regalia Gold, DCB Metal, Infinia and some more if I missed any.

Core Cards: Money Back, Money Back+, Millinea, Diners Club Platinum, DCB, DCB Metal, Regalia, Regalia Gold, DCB Metal, Infinia and some more if I missed any.

Moneyback and Moneyback+ belong to a different category altogether:

The Rotten to the Core Cards. :)

what are their core cards? which would be the best core card in terms of rewards/cashback?
Depends on your profile.
Millenia is your best bet for the Cashback.
If you are into Miles and RPs, then Regali Gold, DCB, Infinia.

Back