• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got 12K MR for payment of 1K joining fees

codenerd

TF Ace
I paid my joining fees of 1K + GST recently in my 1st month bill payment and I called them up to negotiate if there is any offer (after i already paid the joining fees.). They were ready to give 4k points but till 1 week I didnt receive it. So I again followed up on call with their customer care and this time they themselves offered me randomly to credit 12k points. I instantly agreed and i actually got 12K MRs!!!

Just remember, you can always approach and negotiate with AMEX!
Also I had applied for Gold charge card via referral so I anyhow got 6k also (apart from this 12k)!

Attachments

• image_picker7810467544555120309.jpg
    image_picker7810467544555120309.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 50
I paid my joining fees of 1K + GST recently in my 1st month bill payment and I called them up to negotiate if there is any offer (after i already paid the joining fees.). They were ready to give 4k points but till 1 week I didnt receive it. So I again followed up on call with their customer care and this time they themselves offered me randomly to credit 12k points. I instantly agreed and i actually got 12K MRs!!!

Just remember, you can always approach and negotiate with AMEX!
Also I had applied for Gold charge card via referral so I anyhow got 6k also (apart from this 12k)!
That’s really good
I recently paid my joining fees for gold charge , it was also a referral card . I will try negotiating for MR points tomorrow

I actually dont know the logic behind 12K and why they chose that amount but yeah expect anything equal to or above 4K at least. I anyhow knew that i wont be getting anything in return and that I willingly paid 1K fees but just wanted to experiment. Nothing to lose!😆
And it worked in my favor. Will try to add screenshot of the points credit. It was done instantly over the call.

I actually dont know the logic behind 12K and why they chose that amount but yeah expect anything equal to or above 4K at least. I anyhow knew that i wont be getting anything in return and that I willingly paid 1K fees but just wanted to experiment. Nothing to lose!😆
And it worked in my favor. Will try to add screenshot of the points credit. It was done instantly over the call.
I tried calling Amex , but they said there is no such offer going , and extra reward points are credited in case if you referred someone
What exactly did you say on call ?

I tried calling Amex , but they said there is no such offer going , and extra reward points are credited in case if you referred someone
What exactly did you say on call ?
Not exactly any offer but its just that you have to ask if they can give anything in exchange for the joining fees. I didnt even negotiate much. I dont know why the person mentioned anything about referral or what it has to do with this.

Not exactly any offer but its just that you have to ask if they can give anything in exchange for the joining fees. I didnt even negotiate much. I dont know why the person mentioned anything about referral or what it has to do with this.
Ok
Might be not my day
Will try again tomorrow , hope I connect with the same agent you Did 😀

Just got my Gold Charge Card last week and tried talking with Amex to see if they will give anything in return for the joining fee but they denied saying they are already offering 4000 MR points on spending a certain amount in 90 days. Anything specific you recommend saying or should i again try after the joining fee has been charged on my card and i pay for it?

Has anyone used Lakme Salon offer with Gold card yet? If yes pls share review. They give 100% cashback upto 500rs every month using gold charge card.
Exercise caution when going for this. It was originally valid only till January 2023 and I don't think it has been renewed. While the Amex Gold card page hasn't been refreshed and still shows the offer, Amex sent a mail on Gold benefits a few days ago, where this offer was missing in Salon services. Further, if you check the Gold benefits page here, it doesn't have the Lakme Salon offer either, but another Salon with a discount. So 100% off on Lakme may not be an applicable offer anymore.

Exercise caution when going for this. It was originally valid only till January 2023 and I don't think it has been renewed. While the Amex Gold card page hasn't been refreshed and still shows the offer, Amex sent a mail on Gold benefits a few days ago, where this offer was missing in Salon services. Further, if you check the Gold benefits page here, it doesn't have the Lakme Salon offer either, but another Salon with a discount. So 100% off on Lakme may not be an applicable offer anymore.
Thanks a lot for this important detail. Will check. I too see them mentioning about Lakme on their website.

Just got my Gold Charge Card last week and tried talking with Amex to see if they will give anything in return for the joining fee but they denied saying they are already offering 4000 MR points on spending a certain amount in 90 days. Anything specific you recommend saying or should i again try after the joining fee has been charged on my card and i pay for it?
I was expecting the same response which you got but they didnt argue with me only.🤣 I think maybe out of some confusion they gave me. But you can ask if there is any offer for paying annual fees apart from the points you already got. I didnt say anything else to the person on call! Trust me. Even I was shocked.

I was expecting the same response which you got but they didnt argue with me only.🤣 I think maybe out of some confusion they gave me. But you can ask if there is any offer for paying annual fees apart from the points you already got. I didnt say anything else to the person on call! Trust me. Even I was shocked.
Will wait for my Fee to be charged and then will ask them for it. I’ve been able to make decent spends before the first bill being generated so maybe they might consider it. Let’s see

It won’t be fruitful, I tried couple of times but they are denying anything extra than those 4K MR

In that case I guess @kshitiz25 got lucky xD
Yes I actually did get lucky with this experiment! When she mentioned 12K points will be credited I myself got shocked! I instantly said Yes! I will try this same tactic when my Smart Earn CC is about to get renewed next month. Although I already met the spend based next year free renewal, I will still sk what are they offering me in terms of POINTS for getting it renewed the next year also. If they tell me "Sir its already a free renewal as you have met the next year free renewal", I will reply saying "What more does AMEX has to offer to me since the criteria to get free renewal is from my end based on my spends. Isnt there something that AMEX could do?"

Maybe this wont fetch me anything but still whats the harm in trying and asking!

Back