• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got 4th Amex Card ( MRCC , Gold Charge , Platinum Travel , Platinum Charge )

beast_boy

TF Premier
My relationship with Amex started Last Year Mid January with MRCC, even though my salary was not at par with Amex Platinum Charge Criteria nor my spends on MRCC were heavy apart from the Regular 1500*4 Spends , after 6-7 odd months Amex Started sending me upgrade offers for Platinum Charge with some bonus reward points which I didn't take considering the hefty fees.

Then came the Explorer kit with referral offer from Amex and I exchanged Amex referrals with My friend and applied for 1 more Amex Cards viz Platinum Travel as it was 1st year Free under the offer in the Month of May, my Friend pushed me a little and explained benefits of Gold Charge regarding Bonus RP on Amex Reward Multiplier so I applied for my 3rd Amex Card within 10 Days of Platinum Travel getting delivered.

From Mid July onward I again started receiving Amex Offer for Platinum Charge upgrade with 1.35 Lakh Bonus reward points and I kept on overlooking it.

Now Comes the News of Amex Platinum Charge Fees Hike in Month of September and Still I was Skeptical about taking the card , read couple of post on TF and felt I can give this card a try at reduced Fees that I was getting it at along with the odd 1.35 Lakh Bonus RP and applied for the upgrade on my MRCC.

A Day after the application i received an email from Amex representative stating which Bonus reward benefit I am interested in, 35k Taj GV + 15K Amazon Voucher or 1.35 Lakh bonus RP. I reverted that I have already Applied for the Upgrade and want to receive 1.35 Lakh MR points ( I overlooked the fact that in the email the executive has mentioned that the upgrade is from Gold Charge Instead of MRCC )

After a Day I got email that my card is generated and dispatched. I checked my Amex App and found Gold Charge is Vanished.

Rang up the Executive and asked what is wrong here since I have applied for the Upgrade on MRCC and not on Gold Charge. Executive informed I have given consent over email for the upgrade and also told that if I would have reverted in email that I want to specifically upgrade with MRCC and not Gold Charge they would have processed upgrade with MRCC instead of Gold Charge and since Platinum Charge is already generated the card cant be downgrade. I was like WTF, I took the Gold Charge card 3-4 months back and paid the fees for it for Full year and now this shi*.

I asked how to get Gold Charge now as goofup is at Amex end. Executive told to apply for Fresh Gold Charge and I asked if I can use referral again for applying the same , Amex nodded with Yes. I asked what about the fees that I paid for the card and got reply that Amex already compensated the Fees with Joining Bonus Points, I was like sab mere sath hi aisa kyu hona hai. I also asked that in case, my Gold Charge Application is rejected they have to get me the Gold Charge and was told they will escalate to their Manager to get it done in case of application rejection.

I applied for the Gold charge again Via referral and boom after a day got email that Gold Charge is approved.

Moreover Amex Also Refunded the GST and Remaining Fees of 580 to my Platinum Charge Card Account which was upgraded from Gold Charge (1k Fees + GST for 1st Year for Gold Charge and since I already used card for around 4+ months they deducted the proportionate amount and refunded the rest)

And now I have 4 Amex Cards with Me. :)

Sometimes Amex behaves so weirdly when implementing their rules. My Amex journey so far has been as follows:

• Started with the SECC, in Oct 23 as I not much aware of Amex and had heard about the acceptance issues.
  • Took the MRCC once I understood the Amex ecosystem better.
  • Got an offer to upgrade SECC to PTC. Applied for it, but for some unknown reason, the application did not get processed.
  • Took the Gold card, while waiting for PTC.
  • After following up with customer care multiple times regarding the PTC upgrade, they sent me another link to reapply, but it got instantly rejected, with the reason being I already hold 2 Amex Credit Cards. Customer care is now telling me to close one of the credit cards and then apply for PTC.
  • Recently I've been getting the offer to upgrade to Platinum Charge Card, but weirdly it's being offered as an upgrade to the MRCC. I not sure how that works, as per my understanding they keep the MRCC but issue another card. But since I already have the Gold card I am not clear if they will issue 2 charge cards, and what will happen to the fees already paid on the Gold card. Hence, I didn't go for the upgrade.

Sometimes Amex behaves so weirdly when implementing their rules. My Amex journey so far has been as follows:

• Started with the SECC, in Oct 23 as I not much aware of Amex and had heard about the acceptance issues.
  • Took the MRCC once I understood the Amex ecosystem better.
  • Got an offer to upgrade SECC to PTC. Applied for it, but for some unknown reason, the application did not get processed.
  • Took the Gold card, while waiting for PTC.
  • After following up with customer care multiple times regarding the PTC upgrade, they sent me another link to reapply, but it got instantly rejected, with the reason being I already hold 2 Amex Credit Cards. Customer care is now telling me to close one of the credit cards and then apply for PTC.
  • Recently I've been getting the offer to upgrade to Platinum Charge Card, but weirdly it's being offered as an upgrade to the MRCC. I not sure how that works, as per my understanding they keep the MRCC but issue another card. But since I already have the Gold card I am not clear if they will issue 2 charge cards, and what will happen to the fees already paid on the Gold card. Hence, I didn't go for the upgrade.
Since you already have my story as a reference, you can surely apply for Platinum Charge, but I doubt If you can get the card issued by tomorrow as the bonus points offer if you have received any is expiring tomorrow. and from 8th Oct the Plat Charge Fees is going to increase.

Since you already have my story as a reference, you can surely apply for Platinum Charge, but I doubt If you can get the card issued by tomorrow as the bonus points offer if you have received any is expiring tomorrow. and from 8th Oct the Plat Charge Fees is going to increase.
Yeah, got your post a bit too late. It's unlikely, but I hope the offer is extended.

Back