• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hands down experience with Road Side Assistance

Hi,
I have an IDFC First Select Credit Card and in this thread I would tell you about my hands down experience with RSA.
So I travel by bike to station to commute to work.
Yesterday while coming home from the station the bike stopped suddenly.
Kickstart wasn't happening,battery Jumpstart wasn't happening and petrol was empty.
The nearest petrol pump was around 1km away and in the rains I didn't want to go.
I went to chrome opened idfc bank portal then went and downloaded the RSA pdf.
Got the customer care number from there and called them.
They will first verify your identity through mobile number last 4 digits, card 4 last digits and first name.
They Will also ask for your location and RC book.
Note the card holder and the rc papers name should match.
Then based on availability they will send a tow truck or mechanic according to your need.
I needed a tow truck but since they weren't available they arrange a porter truck for me and I reached home about 2 hours later.
No payment was required to be made by me everything was handled by the backend team.

They first asked whether debit or credit as well.
But first I gave my card details and I am an add on holder so they said it won't be possible to send help.
Then I gave my dad's card details it worked.
So whenever I get wealth cc ( which I'd get eventually) I'll need add ons for mom and dad? Do we need idfc account for add ons?

Hi,
I have an IDFC First Select Credit Card and in this thread I would tell you about my hands down experience with RSA.
So I travel by bike to station to commute to work.
Yesterday while coming home from the station the bike stopped suddenly.
Kickstart wasn't happening,battery Jumpstart wasn't happening and petrol was empty.
The nearest petrol pump was around 1km away and in the rains I didn't want to go.
I went to chrome opened idfc bank portal then went and downloaded the RSA pdf.
Got the customer care number from there and called them.
They will first verify your identity through mobile number last 4 digits, card 4 last digits and first name.
They Will also ask for your location and RC book.
Note the card holder and the rc papers name should match.
Then based on availability they will send a tow truck or mechanic according to your need.
I needed a tow truck but since they weren't available they arrange a porter truck for me and I reached home about 2 hours later.
No payment was required to be made by me everything was handled by the backend team.
So any vehicle registered under a company name won't be eligible for the RSA service provided by the card?

I would suggest you be careful. As xywowowvw mentioned, they may send a porter if they don't have a tow truck available. That may cause damage if they don't transport it carefully and also they won't be liable. But if they have a dedicated tow truck(with straps to secure the bike) it may come handy.
So in simple terms - no

Anyway don't take it too far away from the city - so I don't need to worry that much

I would suggest you be careful. As xywowowvw mentioned, they may send a porter if they don't have a tow truck available. That may cause damage if they don't transport it carefully and also they won't be liable. But if they have a dedicated tow truck(with straps to secure the bike) it may come handy.
Good advice! Being cautious when your bike needs towing is essential. A dedicated tow truck with proper securing mechanisms is the safest option to prevent damage

Last edited:
Back