• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Harassment via collection agent- HELP!!

It's good to hear that the payment has been made. But I don't think your friend has alot of options over here. If he was seriously threatened by collection agents then it would be a viable option to fight.
Nonetheless you can take your chances with RBI Ombudsman

But let me make one thing clear, a defaulter cannot expected to be treated with utmost dignity by the bank. After all, you are unable to repay the money you borrowed from the bank, so there will be some repercussions

aese firaand se duur e raho..khud to marenge..tumko bhi marwaenge..kya matlab wo frnd tum khud hi ho
Ekdm sahi wahi lgra hai mujhe bhi 🤣

Look as his post, he was at FR earlier, now "his friend" is threatened by AMEX 😂

Thread 'What can be done, as Amex is cancelling my cards' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/what-can-be-done-as-amex-is-cancelling-my-cards.30146/

Confused Crime Drama GIF by Bombay Softwares

So he paid the bill on time and Amex send an agent? And now he want a compensation for harassment? As far it sound did he default on the payment? If yes then obviously you can’t ask for any compensation.. pay late fees charges and interest and be done with it.
Hi guys
My friend had an outstanding and an Amex agent came, he was not at home and the agent disclosed the amount to his relatives and even told them he’ll bring the statement tomorrow.

I need your valuable insights how can he raise a complaint about it and if he can ask amex for compensation

@SSV @vaibhav111

Everything depends on the days past the due date. If it has already passed 90 days (NPA declared by the financial institution) the banks may have given the details to the third party who will use all these tactics of harassment.

Hi guys
My friend had an outstanding and an Amex agent came, he was not at home and the agent disclosed the amount to his relatives and even told them he’ll bring the statement tomorrow.

I need your valuable insights how can he raise a complaint about it and if he can ask amex for compensation

@SSV @vaibhav111
Sorry to hear this. But it goes to collection agents only after weeks or months of default.
He could do minimum payments to avoid such things.

Back