• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has anyone filled form 10-IA for availing IT deduction under section 80U/80DD?

Sriim

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Section U/Section DD allows IT deductions upto Rs 125000 for disabled persons or taxpayer taking care of disabled dependents respectively.

While filing ITR, it's mentioned it is mandatory to file form 10-IA and enter the acknowledgement number while claiming deduction.

According to rule 11A (pertaining to Medical authority for certifying autism, cerebral palsy and multiple disabilities and certificate to be obtained from the medical authority for the purposes of deduction under section 80DD and section 80U), a certificate from medical authority needs to uploaded (1. Form 10-IA in cases of autism/cerebral palsy/multiple disabilities or 2. Form mentioned in disability evaluation guidelines for other disabilities) attaching screenshot

But the problem is, while filing ITR it's asking for form 10-IA irrespective of your disability.

So if there's anyone who has filed it already, I have a few doubts

1. What to select in the drop down (which has only 3 options - Autism/CP/multiple disabilities) for persons with disabilities other than these 3?
2. What is to be filled in the Registration number column mentioned in the form 10-IA? Is it PAN number? Or Disability number? Or something else? (Attaching screenshot of the form)

I've asked at least 3-4 auditors who have no experience in filling this. A relative who used to claim this every year has said that this is the first time this form has been made mandatory.

One of the auditors suggested to select multiple disabilities in the drop down and to enter disability id number in the registration number column and that it won't come up for verification anyways and that you have the disability certificate with anyways.

I'm filing for my spouse whose father is disabled and this is the first time we're claiming this deduction.

Anyone with experience or has filed it, kindly share your knowledge/experience. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-10-00-44-35-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-10-00-44-35-34_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
    186.2 KB · Views: 9
  • images~2.webp
    images~2.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
1. What to select in the drop down (which has only 3 options - Autism/CP/multiple disabilities) for persons with disabilities other than these 3?
You can select multiple disabilities

2. What is to be filled in the Registration number column mentioned in the form 10-IA? Is it PAN number? Or Disability number? Or something else? (Attaching screenshot of the form)
In the disability certificate issued by the doctor and hospital, there will be a registration number. It is not PAN or certificate number.

You can select multiple disabilities
That seems the only option. But according to the National trust act, definition of multiple disabilities is having two or more disabilities. But persons with single disability are also made to select this
In the disability certificate issued by the doctor and hospital, there will be a registration number. It is not PAN or certificate number.
There's a registration number, thanks. But there's no certificate number, only other number on the certificate is identity card no - I guess I'll have to use it

There's a registration number, thanks. But there's no certificate number, only other number on the certificate is identity card no - I guess I'll have to use it
Certificate number would be on top somewhere near the date mentioned.

Certificate number would be on top somewhere near the date mentioned.
I have disability book from state government in which identity number and registration number are there.

Maybe if i get form 10-1A, I'll have certificate number. But according to rule 11A, only persons with autism/cerebral palsy/multiple disabilities need to get form 10-IA and details to be filled in the form seems specific only to them

I have disability book from state government in which identity number and registration number are there.
Is there doctor name, doctor's designation, hospital name and address mentioned in that?
If yes then that identity number may be used as certificate number.

Any update on this? I am also seeing this form for the first time and have the same queries as OP. However, in my case, the registration number is there in the disability certificate, however the doctor and hospital info are not there. The certificate was issued by joint director (only his signature is there in the certificate and no name is mentioned) of health and he cannot be considered as the treating doctor as far as I know.

Additionally, is it wise to select multiple disability if the disability my sister has is not mentioned in the drop-down?

Kindly let me know if anyone has filed ITR.

Any update on this? I am also seeing this form for the first time and have the same queries as OP. However, in my case, the registration number is there in the disability certificate, however the doctor and hospital info are not there. The certificate was issued by joint director (only his signature is there in the certificate and no name is mentioned) of health and he cannot be considered as the treating doctor as far as I know.

Additionally, is it wise to select multiple disability if the disability my sister has is not mentioned in the drop-down?

Kindly let me know if anyone has filed ITR.
Multiple disability is the only option you can select. You can get a form 10-IA signed by an eligible doctor. Most doctors would sign if you show the disability certificate.

I have filed form 10-1A with all details (had similar questions as above) and the status shows verfied. But in deductions section it does not show the deduction. It still asks to fill up the form. What is the way to claim deduction in form. Where to enter the Acknowledgement number.
A quick help will be appreciated - thanks

I have filed form 10-1A with all details (had similar questions as above) and the status shows verfied. But in deductions section it does not show the deduction. It still asks to fill up the form. What is the way to claim deduction in form. Where to enter the Acknowledgement number.
A quick help will be appreciated - thanks
Are you claiming deduction for yourself or a dependent?

You have to add schedule with section 80U or 80DD respectively and enter acknowledgement number there

Back