• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC 2 core cards - limit split vs share enquiry

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I hold 2 core HDFC Card -
Diners Black LTF (Alumni) - 5 Lakh limit - 1 year old
Regalia LTF - 3 Lakh limit - 9+ yrs old (Platinum-moneyback-regalia first-regalia)

The DCB was issued by a knowledgeable sales person who split the limit of my erstwhile Regalia (8 lakhs) into 5+3. The two cards have their own independent limits. But I'm not getting LE on the DCB since last 1 year, despite average usage and escalations to Cust. Care.

My question is - should I get the limits merged/shared into one (8 lakhs), so that I can be eligible for Infinia.

Will it work that ways if I have shared limits? or is it better to keep limit separate and wait for LEs.

Also, ideal case, I would like to upgrade DCB to Infinia ; and later get my Regalia upgraded to DCB (alumni), just to keep my older card (oldest in cibil portfolio) as LTF. Not sure if its possible - as I got to know that they are providing Diners Millenia and not DCB.

Please suggest!

@TechnoFino
@NikhilTravelLover

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Regalia LTF - 3 Lakh limit - 9+ yrs old (Platinum-moneyback-regalia first-regalia)

The DCB was issued by a knowledgeable sales person who split the limit of my erstwhile Regalia (8 lakhs) into 5+3. The two cards have their own independent limits. But I'm not getting LE on the DCB since last 1 year, despite average usage and escalations to Cust. Care.

My question is - should I get the limits merged/shared into one (8 lakhs), so that I can be eligible for Infinia.

Will it work that ways if I have shared limits? or is it better to keep limit separate and wait for LEs.

Also, ideal case, I would like to upgrade DCB to Infinia ; and later get my Regalia upgraded to DCB (alumni), just to keep my older card (oldest in cibil portfolio) as LTF. Not sure if its possible - as I got to know that they are providing Diners Millenia and not DCB.

Please suggest!

@TechnoFino
@NikhilTravelLover
Thanks for mentioning.

I have a limited knowledge about dealing with 2 core HDFC cards.

But I would suggest to ecalate to PNO. Ask them to upgrade your regalia to infinia. Threatened them that because of devaluation of DCB,it's not much useful, you dont want to keep the card,otherwise you will close the card.
take help of Chatgpt to put it in nice format.

Nowadays HDFC are concentrating on Infinia. So they are accepting the upgrade request. Few people here metioned that tthey requested regalia to DCB,but instead got Infinia first year free.

Other can guide better.Please help.
@bugmenot @ak95 @TheMentalist
@4uziaul @Copycat
@metal_heart

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Please suggest!

@TechnoFino
@NikhilTravelLover
This method of having 2 core cards will get rejected.
Someone in this forum converted his core HDFC card to infinnia and had second card as tata nue which he converted in dcb under alumni offer without mentioning infinnia to the customer care anywhere

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
R@J what happened to your LE?
what is your current status on your card upgrade journey?
Hi @card-shard : They did not agree on Limit merging again, and said I can close one card and then ask for LE (becuase limit split was done in the past - now they dont follow that anymore, and provide all additional cards on shared limit basis only).

Regarding LE - I sent docs to Chennai, escalated to RM/MD desk, threatened to close - in the end they offered 10K (2%) LE on my DCB card. I thrashed RM and MD Desk lady that it is a disrespect for the customer. to which the PNO responded offering me to put lien on FD to increase the limit. I left it there.

Currently, I'm only getting offer to upgrade from LTF DCB to Paid DCB Metal. last month spend was quite high (>2.5 L), so expecting that I might get auto LE in couple of months.

Summary - I have left things as it is as it is Hopeless bank

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi @card-shard : They did not agree on Limit merging again, and said I can close one card and then ask for LE (becuase limit split was done in the past - now they dont follow that anymore, and provide all additional cards on shared limit basis only).

Regarding LE - I sent docs to Chennai, escalated to RM/MD desk, threatened to close - in the end they offered 10K (2%) LE on my DCB card. I thrashed RM and MD Desk lady that it is a disrespect for the customer. to which the PNO responded offering me to put lien on FD to increase the limit. I left it there.

Currently, I'm only getting offer to upgrade from LTF DCB to Paid DCB Metal. last month spend was quite high (>2.5 L), so expecting that I might get auto LE in couple of months.

Summary - I have left things as it is as it is Hopeless bank
That maam is Mrs Reema Kaimal right?