• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Error in my favor

SaiyamK

TF Select
Hi,
I have received an additional Rs. 250 Cashback in my account which I shouldn't have received. Should I do something or just leave it?
Can there be any legal actions from the bank for not reporting the fault?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have received an additional Rs. 250 Cashback in my account which I shouldn't have received. Should I do something or just leave it?
if cashback is by hdfc bank, ignore it. they cannot and will not try to take legal action. don't worry.

if the amount is credited from an individual account, then keep an eye on any more such transactions happening.

Hi,
Must be some offer going on and you might have done some transactions as per the conditions of the offer.

Even if cashback is credited by mistake, why would they take legal action on you. It's not like you hacked their system and credited you account with that amount.

Just to be sure don't use the cashback and leave it as it is for couple of days.

Back