• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bill Pay Inconsistencies in Amount to Pay

ontherocks

TF Premier
After moving to BBPS, I am seeing inconsistencies between billers in the amount one wishes to pay in HDFC Bill Pay
With AU and ICICI for e.g., I can enter enter any amount I want to pay.
With Axis and IndusInd for e.g., it doesn't let me pay anything other than the statement amount. It doesn't allow prepay.
Why are there such inconsistencies?
What's so special about AU and ICICI?

Last edited:
I don't get it. How does that thread answer my question?

After moving to BBPS, people observed inconsistencies in HDFC BillPay. Some CC providers are on CCBILLPAY and some are BBPSBILLPAY and some are HDFCBILLPAY and its not constant but varies from time to time. And based on that some CC providers allow manual entry some not.

Give it up this month and check next month, probably it will settle by that time.

Moreover, its only last and this month issue right? Earlier we can pay whichever amount we like and also receive same MID but since Jul 1st its mandatory to integrate to BBPS. So, some issues all over the billers not only credit card.

Be it Electricity, CC, Insurance etc. everywhere same inconsistencies because it is not implemented fully and RBI mandate this rule very fast.

So, again give it some time and it will settle.

More info: refer attached thread, it answer your question.

Back