• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Branch asking for Photo and AMB declaration after digital account opening

TheMentalist

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I opened Savings Max account with HDFC in Aug 2022 through online application and did KYC in-person at the branch as VKYC couldn't be completed due to connectivity issues. Later on, I got the account added in Classic via Family Banking and thereafter, I don't maintain much balance (<1000) in it. However, the Branch is now asking me to maintain minimum 25,000 balance and also submit a photo and AMB declaration at the branch stating in their email - "As per bank records, we have found that the account was opened but photo and AMB declaration was missing in AOF". Is this required normally or are they just harassing the customer needlessly?

I found hdfc customer service to be one of the worst! Mine v-kyc too got rejected without stating a reason. Strange thing is they haven't communicated further steps. No call /sms/email from hdfc regarding offline kyc. Sheer torture! I think they're doing this deliberately to acquire customer luring complete online onboarding experience

I found hdfc customer service to be one of the worst! Mine v-kyc too got rejected without stating a reason. Strange thing is they haven't communicated further steps. No call /sms/email from hdfc regarding offline kyc. Sheer torture! I think they're doing this deliberately to acquire customer luring complete online onboarding experience
You can go to your nearest branch and complete your KYC within next 1 year

if you have received customerid, login to your hdfc app and check the kyc status.
same thing happened with me. i escalated to the pno saying that the vkyc call was successful and agent had asked me to disconnect the call, so there is no reason i should waste my time and do it again at branch. i also requested them to cancel the account opening process as i am no longer interested in such a bank.
next day they sent executive from local branch to get photo and signature.
when i told them details, they gave me reasons like 'technology can't be trusted', ' u should have opened the account in branch' ,etc.

I opened Savings Max account with HDFC in Aug 2022 through online application and did KYC in-person at the branch as VKYC couldn't be completed due to connectivity issues. Later on, I got the account added in Classic via Family Banking and thereafter, I don't maintain much balance (<1000) in it. However, the Branch is now asking me to maintain minimum 25,000 balance and also submit a photo and AMB declaration at the branch stating in their email - "As per bank records, we have found that the account was opened but photo and AMB declaration was missing in AOF". Is this required normally or are they just harassing the customer needlessly?
straight to pno!
ask them if this is standard procedure and tell them about your banking tier and also send screenshots of classic banking page where they mention 0 amb.
also ask them why a photo is required (banks may have the right to demand it for updating kyc).
the point is, if the branch is trying to do anything fishy, get clarity from pno and if they reply that no such declaration is required, cc the reply to the branch.

did you submit photo to the bank?

Back