• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC C2C with 5.4L Kotak Zen signature - Chennai - take home <1L

vasuvk98

TF Buzz
Hi! I've been wanting to get a good HDFC card for over 2 years. I don't have any relationship with HDFC. I have 11 other cards (10 LTF) but HDFC has always been my dream.

My monthly take home is low (~80k) and realised, even Millennia may be difficult. I wanted to go for a better first card in the first go itself as getting an upgrade/LE will be an uphil task with low salary.

I thought somehow getting a limit over 5L with other bank cards would help me get a good card (atleast Regalia) through C2C. Somehow ended up with three cards over 5L (Kotak Zen - 5.4L, Federal Celesta - 5L, ICICI - 5.5L)

In several posts/articles, people have told that we can get Regalia/DCP/DCB through C2C and also that, it's better that we don't have a salary/savings account with HDFC as they will use that as a reason to reject our applications.

I reached out to three credit card teams at Chennai for C2C (paid/LTF) with Kotak 5.4L limit, but all 3 mentioned that my salary is required and is low, even if it's through C2C and that only Millennia may get approved.

While Millennia is a great card, like everyone, I would also like to climb up the HDFC ladder towards Infinia, atleast over a decade (on a serious note), by starting as high as possible.

I'm ready to bear the joining/annual fee of DCB (will not get for sure, just saying) as I'm confident that I can achieve 8L spends for waiver.

Is there any possibility for me to get Regalia gold or higher card without ULIP/FD? If so, can anyone share some contact/particular branch at Chennai, where they'll be kind enough to process my application? Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi! I've been wanting to get a good HDFC card for over 2 years. I don't have any relationship with HDFC. I have 11 other cards (10 LTF) but HDFC has always been my dream.

My monthly take home is low (~80k) and realised, even Millennia may be difficult. I wanted to go for a better first card in the first go itself as getting an upgrade/LE will be an uphil task with low salary.

I thought somehow getting a limit over 5L with other bank cards would help me get a good card (atleast Regalia) through C2C. Somehow ended up with three cards over 5L (Kotak Zen - 5.4L, Federal Celesta - 5L, ICICI - 5.5L)

In several posts/articles, people have told that we can get Regalia/DCP/DCB through C2C and also that, it's better that we don't have a salary/savings account with HDFC as they will use that as a reason to reject our applications.

I reached out to three credit card teams at Chennai for C2C (paid/LTF) with Kotak 5.4L limit, but all 3 mentioned that my salary is required and is low, even if it's through C2C and that only Millennia may get approved.

While Millennia is a great card, like everyone, I would also like to climb up the HDFC ladder towards Infinia, atleast over a decade (on a serious note), by starting as high as possible.

I'm ready to bear the joining/annual fee of DCB (will not get for sure, just saying) as I'm confident that I can achieve 8L spends for waiver.

Is there any possibility for me to get Regalia gold or higher card without ULIP/FD? If so, can anyone share some contact/particular branch at Chennai, where they'll be kind enough to process my application? Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Via ULIP and FD should get you even RG atleast. DCB might be possible as well. Via FD, it will be secured card and FD will be used as lien to the card.

My suggestion would be to get a card as unsecured without ULIP or FD, spend 8L in 6 months and then request for Infinia

IMO, Millennia isn't that bad card, if you get a high enough CL.
DCB/ Infinia need 1) high salary + 2) high CL + 3) high spends.
First try for high CL even if it's Millennia. Negotiate for high CL for Millennia and take it.
I think it's minimum of 5L for DCB. Check other threads in forum.
If you can manage the spends, DCB be achievable with future salary increments.

Back