• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC CC Spends/Rental/Milestone and reward point related doubts

nayra

TF Premier
I have HDFC DCP CC less that 1month old. Please help me with these doubts, thanks much.
Rent Pay Transactions: 1% fee on transaction amount will be levied on rental transactions done on any applicable merchant for the month.
Fee capped at Rs 3000 per transaction.
My HDFC Mail says this:

. Rental Transactions:

If you use services like (but not limited to) CRED, PayTM, Cheq, MobiKwik, Freecharge, and others to pay rent, a 1% fee will be charged on the transaction amount and capped at ₹3000 per transaction.

Category. Merchant Category Codes (MCC)
Rent. 6513
So is it all or only 3rd party? Can I use HDFC Billpay/SBI Unipay and only end up with RedGiraffe appx 1% charges? Or Payzapp? What is its MCC for rent? If payzapp is also 3rd party, how about loading wallet and making the rent payment?

I want to make spends on my first CC which is DCP, if charges are at max 1%(net) i can break even with Platinum DC and Unipay.

Will it count towards spend milestones? Even if not, spending (Upto 30% ofc) and timely payment will help boost my cibil score right? And LE or Card upgrade.

Doubt 2: I can see milestones named

Welcome DNP Restage June2023 New SMS25K/50K/75K
Qtrly DNP Restage June2023 New SMS50K/100K/150K

I can see Welcome 25k as Promo status completed but did not receive any information. How to know more about these milestones since on TnC i can only see quarterly milestones, no welcome ones.

Doubt 3:
I tracked all my purchases with card and made reward points calculation and
- Current points in my card exceed my calculations
- I have Odd number of points, when DCP gives 4 points per 150 and 5x for zomato swiggy and gyftr. So it should always be even!
I haven't payed the first bill yet, would these be corrected by the statement generation time? I have seen some members posts that they lost points when mistake points were reversed. Should I do something about this?

Bump.
Btw is it possible that the odd number points are a due to reward of the Welcome 25k milestone?

You don't earn any reward points for payments towards rent. Now, they have added a 1% charge, on top of the charges platforms like Cred, PayTM, etc. charge.
I think rent payments through credit cards are no longer attractive.

You don't earn any reward points for payments towards rent. Now, they have added a 1% charge, on top of the charges platforms like Cred, PayTM, etc. charge.
I think rent payments through credit cards are no longer attractive.
Yes lets forget about reward points, but since its to be paid anyways. I was thinking of making spends on my cc.
Even if not considered for milestones, i have very less expenses so,

If I use HDFC Billpay, no charge for first payment (confirm this), appx 1% for RedGiraffe, which I can recover using HDFC Platinum DC Cc payment, so im wondering if there are any other charges/better ways to do this.

Now since RedGiraffe gone from billpay due to bbps, is payzapp considered 3rd party and would incur the 1%? Should i wait for it to become BBPS.

Yes lets forget about reward points, but since its to be paid anyways. I was thinking of making spends on my cc.
Even if not considered for milestones, i have very less expenses so,

If I use HDFC Billpay, no charge for first payment (confirm this), appx 1% for RedGiraffe, which I can recover using HDFC Platinum DC Cc payment, so im wondering if there are any other charges/better ways to do this.

Now since RedGiraffe gone from billpay due to bbps, is payzapp considered 3rd party and would incur the 1%? Should i wait for it to become BBPS.
Most likely HDFC will not charge extra 1% if you pay via Payzap / RG combination. But it needs to be vetted by someone. I personally stopped using HDFC cards some time back once they started giving PZrent merchant name so can't confirm

HDFC is specifically targeting 3rd party payment platforms. It is also evident from Neu coins T&Cs for another card

Most likely HDFC will not charge extra 1% if you pay via Payzap / RG combination.
But it seems Payzapp MCC is the one they have mentioned in the changes, so I doubt it. Need confirmation of HDFC Billpay monthly once, does it still stand?

But it seems Payzapp MCC is the one they have mentioned in the changes, so I doubt it. Need confirmation of HDFC Billpay monthly once, does it still stand?
Do you have any update on this.
Anyone paid rent in July with Payzapp - Red Girraffee ? did they charge 1%

I paid rent through Payzapp (Redgiraffe) this month and they are charging 1% fees on Payzapp as well.

But what about the rule that they'll charge starting from the second transaction of the calendar month only? Refer to point 3 in the FAQs: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/bill-payments/rent-payment/faqs-rent-payment
I receive an email stating new update that from 1st Aug, all rent payment via 3rd party apps will be charged 1% extra.
I wanted to confirm if payzapp is considered as 3rd party for HDFC or not.

I paid this month's rent on HDFC Billpay through HDFC app on Aug 1. I see they have charged separate 1% charge on it and additional IGST. No more rent paying through CC. Using HDFC DB Metal.

Back