• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC DCB - till when should I complete annual spends to get benefits?

ltf4ever

TF Legend
HDFC diners black has 8 lac spends required to get annual benefits.

my card expiry is 07/xx.

so do I have till July end to complete the annual spend, or is it June end?

they have mentioned this on their website:
"Annual Spend based benefit
Complimentary annual memberships of Club Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Swiggy One (3 months), MMT BLACK can also be availed upon achieving annual spend of Rs 8 Lakhs at the time of card anniversary."

Fresh card or upgrade?

Fresh card: Check CIBIL for account open date, you have to complete before that date.

Upgrade: Usually either the day it dispatched or activated (safe to say consider the moment they replied, your card approved).

In anycase, ideally it is in June for you (exact date based on above scenarios).
thanks everyone for the responses.

thanks everyone for the responses.
I also got my card in July last year. From my credit card bills paid, I guess I have crossed 5L for fee waiver.

Do you know anyway that this can be confirmed with HDFC Bank? Some where in statement or netbanking or any email id?

I don't want to be hit with annual fee for DCB as my card is FYF only.

Is
HDFC diners black has 8 lac spends required to get annual benefits.

my card expiry is 07/xx.

so do I have till July end to complete the annual spend, or is it June end?

they have mentioned this on their website:
"Annual Spend based benefit
Complimentary annual memberships of Club Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Swiggy One (3 months), MMT BLACK can also be availed upon achieving annual spend of Rs 8 Lakhs at the time of card anniversary."
Is it a upgrade card from existing one ?

If yes then your Anniversary month might be different .In this case call customer care to know exact Anniversary date and month.

If No. Then 07th month means July is your anniversary month for counting the Annual spends and linked benefits.

Anniversary year is defined as 12 months period from card setup or last upgrade/downgrade date. For ex: if your card setup/upgrade/downgrade date is 18th January 2022, anniversary year will be 18th January 2022 to 17th January 2023 and so on.

I also got my card in July last year. From my credit card bills paid, I guess I have crossed 5L for fee waiver.

Do you know anyway that this can be confirmed with HDFC Bank? Some where in statement or netbanking or any email id?

I don't want to be hit with annual fee for DCB as my card is FYF only.
I always pay the bill from the same bank account. so I downloaded the BANK statement since the card got issued, and searched for last 4 digits of my card and summed up the withdrawals. took me 10 minutes to come up with the final number.

Last edited:
I always pay the bill from the same bank account. so I downloaded the statement since the card got issued, and searched for last 4 digits of my card and summed up the credits. took me 10 minutes to come up with the final number.
Even Now a days most messages app has this feature to sort transactions basis on the card last 4 digits. Considering this option is also beneficial to count the total spends.

I always pay the bill from the same bank account. so I downloaded the BANK statement since the card got issued, and searched for last 4 digits of my card and summed up the withdrawals. took me 10 minutes to come up with the final number.
Thanks. I calculated myself and it is comfortably above threshold.

Do you know what method HDFC Bank follows for annual fee? Do they levy it and reverse it? Or it is just waived off on satisfying the condition?

Back