• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC diners: unable to link credit card and redeem rewards (last day today)

ltf4ever

TF Legend
my mother had an hdfc diners club card as the only relationship with hdfc.

then she opened an hdfc account. now her card is not being shown in her account. when i click on register a new card and enter her details, it says that the card is already mapped to a user.

it then asks me if i want to deregister the card and add it again. on clicking Yes, it says that they dont have details and OTP cannot be sent for deregister process.

today is her last day of reward points redemption.
her mycards portal shows the card, but for points redemption, asks to login to netbanking only.

her old method of logging into the portal using only cc relationship is not working.

any quick solution?

thanks @Chaitanya-a & @pprakash11 for the prompt reply.

so for now we redeemed the reward points successfully. she was able to login to cc portal. removing 'urgent' from title.

now there is a new problem - i deregistered her card from the cc portal, in the hopes that netbanking will now allow to add the card (since it wont be mapped to a user anymore) but the netbanking is still showing the same error ("card already mapped to a user").

i guess calling customer care or emailing their team would solve the issue.

so for now we redeemed the reward points successfully. she was able to login to cc portal. removing 'urgent' from title.

now there is a new problem - i deregistered her card from the cc portal, in the hopes that netbanking will now allow to add the card (since it wont be mapped to a user anymore) but the netbanking is still showing the same error ("card already mapped to a user").

Yes you can tell them that you've already delinked card from cc portal. Ask them to link it to her NetBanking account, they'll do it or will tell the process.

Wait for 2-3 days, automatically that cc user id will get deleted.

Have gone thru same process

Back