• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC - Duplicitous LTF Upgrade offer.

N_V

TF Neo
Hi there,

I have an account with HDFC for the past 5 years and am part of the preferred banking program.

I presently have their Millennia, Swiggy and Rupay digital CC. Last week I saw a message in my HDFC app with the subject line “Lifetime Free for YOU!”

I am attaching image of the offer which clearly states that I am being offered a lifetime upgrade to Regalia Gold LTF. However, when I click on the link and input my details, I see that I am being charged an annual fee.

I have already written to grievance redressal cc and they came back with we cannot offer you LTF but only FYF due to internal policy guidelines.

Is there anything I can do about this? This is clearly a case of false marketing/bait and switch.

Tried talking to my RM who also mentioned the same FYF offer but completely dismissed the actual offer.

Can someone here please advice on how to proceed further in this case?

IMG_2206.png

IMG_2207.jpeg

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
FinTech Founder/Co-Founder
I got the "Lifetime Free for YOU!" offer too in my Preferred NetBanking. And like you I emailed customer care to find what was the offer (My Millenia was eligible for Paid DCP).

To me it seems like a mistake and not a typical bait and switch having banked with HDFC for so long. In my case, I didn't move forward with the card upgrade flow. If I were to proceed and claim LTF when annual fees is charged on my new upgraded card, it's unlikely that they'll waive it internally and will have to approach RBI Ombudsman for resolution.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I got the "Lifetime Free for YOU!" offer too in my Preferred NetBanking. And like you I emailed customer care to find what was the offer (My Millenia was eligible for Paid DCP).

To me it seems like a mistake and not a typical bait and switch having banked with HDFC for so long. In my case, I didn't move forward with the card upgrade flow. If I were to proceed and claim LTF when annual fees is charged on my new upgraded card, it's unlikely that they'll waive it internally and will have to approach RBI Ombudsman for resolution.
So typically its a fyf right

N_V

TF Neo

Noted, thank you for your response. I see now that they have deleted the message from app inbox.