• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Inactive account warning?

hariselio

TF Premier
Today received a message and mail from hdfc saying, your account is Inactive for more than six months and it will be closed in 30 days. Also mentions about, no transactions and no balance, so it will be closed :(

The thing is, This account is heavily used and every month around 1.5L is credited(kind of salary), lots of UPI transactions are carried out. Actually account itself only six months old and based on the transactions already have pre-approved business regalia card with 5.7L limit.

So I'm not sure why i received such a sms and email. Tomorrow I will contact customer service, meanwhile anyone else have similar experience?

No idea about HDFC but recently ICICI sent sms to their mine account holders to close their accounts and open current account to those who were doing heavy transactions from it.

No idea about HDFC but recently ICICI sent sms to their mine account holders to close their accounts and open current account to those who were doing heavy transactions from it.
Thats another possibility, but the reason they mentioned is, no balance and no transactions :( strange!

Could be phising. Don't act on the link or number given in such sms. Call bank customer care and confirm
Nope, it is not. Also mail says to contact branch manager only does not have any links.

Today received a message and mail from hdfc saying, your account is Inactive for more than six months and it will be closed in 30 days. Also mentions about, no transactions and no balance, so it will be closed :(

The thing is, This account is heavily used and every month around 1.5L is credited(kind of salary), lots of UPI transactions are carried out. Actually account itself only six months old and based on the transactions already have pre-approved business regalia card with 5.7L limit.

So I'm not sure why i received such a sms and email. Tomorrow I will contact customer service, meanwhile anyone else have similar experience?
Same with me even though my account is well active.
Yesterday around morning 11am got SMS and evening 6pm same content in mail.
So last night i took screenshot of both and send it to my RM in wup lets see any revert today.
I decided not to keep bulk balance in HDFC if they lock account as mentioned in email then trouble to pay cc bills.

Please keep me posted.
Update to all:
RM reverted after checking in system and confirmed that the alert is for those who opened account from Feb'22 and is general and my account is active and KYC is fullfilled so no worries and asked to ignore the mail and sms.
note: She pelted stone for tata aig or aditya birla insurance hope she need to meet month ends lol....escaped with some goli reasons

Update to all:
RM reverted after checking in system and confirmed that the alert is for those who opened account from Feb'22 and is general and my account is active and KYC is fullfilled so no worries and asked to ignore the mail and sms.
note: She pelted stone for tata aig or aditya birla insurance hope she need to meet month ends lol....escaped with some goli reasons
What goli did you shoot?

Offline mode.
Heard from one of my friend who has bad experience that for online accounts kyc will get updated but for cdd one have to visit branch
So first step itself I went to branch and got RM too face to face introduction
Okay, that means earlier you never attempted open any account with same PAN either online or offline?

The reason why I was asking is, branch manager told my previous online application which was already canceled somehow linked to this account which was opened online due to same PAN. That must be caused this trigger.

Somewhat this made sense, as my online application was canceled by the executive when I went for kyc and immediately offline application was processed by him. He had some incentives for offline application, so I agreed for that as i was not losing anything. Some kind of virtual account profile created during online application and that will be fully active only after completing KYC.

Okay, that means earlier you never attempted open any account with same PAN either online or offline?

The reason why I was asking is, branch manager told my previous online application which was already canceled somehow linked to this account which was opened online due to same PAN. That must be caused this trigger.

Somewhat this made sense, as my online application was canceled by the executive when I went for kyc and immediately offline application was processed by him. He had some incentives for offline application, so I agreed for that as i was not losing anything. Some kind of virtual account profile created during online application and that will be fully active only after completing KYC.
Branch guys will play this trick of getting new application from us for their target
As long as u r able to see 1 account under ur cif it’s fine

Back