• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia Metal Vs BizBlack ? which one to choose ?

pankajRaj

TF Buzz
HI members,

My wife has business income with no credit history et all

and through ITR she can get either Infinia Metal or Bizblack Metal Business Credit Card.

Through my salary income (1.5L) i am not eligible for either of these cards. (i am having Millenia 3.3L Limit lol, as i am new to CC world, never upgraded)

I am confused between these both cards as in Infinia Metal we wont be getting any rewards point on Advance Tax Payment.

My only use for Bizblack is Advance Tax payment, but i seriously want to get my hands on Infinia Metal also:D

The HDFC credit card guy is saying that we cannot get 2 cards in fresh apply maybe after couple of years we can try for dual cards.

Please suggest which card should I opt for ? The Holy Infinia Metal Vs Bizblack Metal

Solution
HI members,

and through ITR she can get either Infinia Metal or Bizblack Metal Business Credit Card.

Through my salary income (1.5L) i am not eligible for either of these cards. (i am having Millenia 3.3L Limit lol, as i am new to CC world, never upgraded)

I am confused between these both cards as in Infinia Metal we wont be getting any rewards point on Advance Tax Payment.

My only use for Bizblack is Advance Tax payment, but i seriously want to get my hands on Infinia Metal also:D

The HDFC credit card guy is saying that we cannot get 2 cards in fresh apply maybe after couple of years we can try for dual cards.

Please suggest which card should I opt for ? The Holy...

SuperKnight

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Bizblack Metal Business Credit Card should be no no-brainer for you. First, get your needs met, then you can always get Infinia or whichever card comes in future

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HI members,

Please suggest which card should I opt for ? The Holy Infinia Metal Vs Bizblack Metal
With someone having no credit history, bank will not issue either cards. Although income criteria met, they will issue a lower version card and HDFC is most famous for this.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
HI members,

Very simple ..how much tax you pay using business card there by the quantum of savings on this option as compared to savings on Infinia..will determine the option to choose between the cards..
Please also consider the caps on the business card if any
If your business spends are moderate or less , go for infinia first and then you can try for business metal card after one year..
Even though they say you can’t have two cards , they will provide you both depending upon how you approach..
Simply put
infinia—> BizBlack option will have much better chances of approval than BizBlack —> Infinia..

Solution

pankajRaj

TF Buzz
With someone having no credit history, bank will not issue either cards. Although income criteria met, they will issue a lower version card and HDFC is most famous for this.
Ohh Is it? i have seen people getting fresh infinia solely based on ITR and business. But no credit history is a bummer for sure.

Let me try, will update if she is getting it without Credit history but good ITR.

Also just upgraded to Imperia as well so lets see. I won't be accepting any other card if not for Infinia or Bizblack. Will sure escalate it or will shift the business from them.

pankajRaj

TF Buzz
Very simple ..how much tax you pay using business card there by the quantum of savings on this option as compared to savings on Infinia..will determine the option to choose between the cards..
If your business spends are moderate or less , go for infinia first and then you can try for business metal card after one year..
Even though they say you can’t have two cards , they will provide you both depending upon how you approach..
Simply put
infinia—> BizBlack option will have much better chances of approval than BizBlack —> Infinia..
Business spend is only advance tax. which is somewhere between 7/9L this year.
But i also think that we need to pay this in installment in FY, So maybe Infinia now and maybe build a case later for Bizblack and escalate it through mail chains can do the work.

Also i have heard In Twitter that Already infinia holders are getting this if eligible.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Simply put
infinia—> BizBlack option will have much better chances of approval than BizBlack —> Infinia
Also i have heard In Twitter that Already infinia holders are getting this if eligible
That’s why I said the above

sidp

TF Ace
Business spend is only advance tax. which is somewhere between 7/9L this year.
But i also think that we need to pay this in installment in FY, So maybe Infinia now and maybe build a case later for Bizblack and escalate it through mail chains can do the work.

Also i have heard In Twitter that Already infinia holders are getting this if eligible.
I agree with @S S V that asking for biz black after getting infinnia, might have higher chance of approval.

But there are some things to consider. If you take biz black you can not only put advance tax but some other business expenses as well many personal expenditure like travel/hotel stay. Just try to avoid buying any consumer electronics if you can. So total expenditure will most likely be more than you can achieve only through infinnia. If your expenditure becomes high enough, it'll help you negotiate better. Hdfc cares most about spends on their cards.

Also there is rumors of infinnia getting devalued after launch of infinnia reserve. There is no confirmation but bizblack will most likely won't be devalued for next 2-3 years. Low competition, low demand (wrt infinnia).

One thing you can do is 1st take biz black for your wife and you can ask for infinnia for yourself through approval route stating your high nrv( your both savings account + current account).

pankajRaj

TF Buzz
I agree with @S S V that asking for biz black after getting infinnia, might have higher chance of approval.

But there are some things to consider. If you take biz black you can not only put advance tax but some other business expenses as well many personal expenditure like travel/hotel stay. Just try to avoid buying any consumer electronics if you can. So total expenditure will most likely be more than you can achieve only through infinnia. If your expenditure becomes high enough, it'll help you negotiate better. Hdfc cares most about spends on their cards.

Also there is rumors of infinnia getting devalued after launch of infinnia reserve. There is no confirmation but bizblack will most likely won't be devalued for next 2-3 years. Low competition, low demand (wrt infinnia).

One thing you can do is 1st take biz black for your wife and you can ask for infinnia for yourself through approval route stating your high nrv( your both savings account + current account).

I won't be able to get Infinia for my self atleast for next couple of years i think.
In HDFC i have Millennia with 3.35L Credit limit 😂
We don't have current account. we have Family imperia account. Except this we don't hv much NRV. I hv Term and Health insurance with them but don't know this will be counting for Nrv? already trying my luck by mailing them but not expecting anything from that 😔

I don't see Infinia devaluation reason being HDFC has launched Biz Black same as DCB- Same eligibility, same charges. and Infinia eligibility and charges is higher. So if u think that Bizblack won't be getting devaluated then Infinia will always be one step ahead of Biz Balck and DCB.
I think they will Launch Infinia Reserve at one step Ahead of Infinia. Like a super Premium Pro 😜 version.

Plus chances of getting Infinia Reserve will be better from Infinia than from Biz Black or DCB if any.

So, it seems for wife at this point :
first getting Infinia then fight for Bizblack would be a much better option.

Last edited:

sidp

TF Ace

1. Yes your existing Millenia can create problem, but they do take approval if nrv is high. insurance part is considered but not sure whether in nrv or trv. Plus insurance is pretty lucrative for them. So can be used for negotiation.

2. During my bschool days, dcb craze was more than infinnia due to more convenient & better lounge access. Now look at it. Just a skeleton with old name. For few years hdfc have had same trend. Introduce new cc and devalue old one. So infinnia might see same fate.

3. i still think Chance of biz black getting devalued would be less because of nature of the card. Demand is much lesser than infinnia. Also frequency of new business card launch is lower.

4. True ! Chances of getting infinnia reserve would be much easier from infinnia than biz black.

Anyway best of luck. And do update us once you get the card.

Last edited:

abhim

TF Buzz
Simply put
I had read on this forum that HDFC has sometimes flagged high spenders. If the primary purpose if tax payment only (expecting 40-50L in the next FY), is it more sensible to get the business card meant for business spends?

I already have Magnus Burgundy so I am less concerned about the DCB acceptance issues as I won't be using it for any non-business spends.

Side note: Instead of fighting for an upgrade from my current business regalia (CL: 3.2L) should I close and apply fresh C2C for these cards? (CL 7.0L on Magnus and Emeralde)

techt

TF Legend
I had read on this forum that HDFC has sometimes flagged high spenders. If the primary purpose if tax payment only (expecting 40-50L in the next FY), is it more sensible to get the business card meant for business spends?

I already have Magnus Burgundy so I am less concerned about the DCB acceptance issues as I won't be using it for any non-business spends.

Side note: Instead of fighting for an upgrade from my current business regalia (CL: 3.2L) should I close and apply fresh C2C for these cards? (CL 7.0L on Magnus and Emeralde)
yes.
chances of blocking if you use for business.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am travelling abroad until 22nd. Is there a reason they won't take applications after 20th?
They will take request after 20th also but in the last week they will be massively hectic and some of them will have very less sleep also.
Ideally it is better to avoid this last minute rush ..
On the contrary ...
If they are seriously short of target, it may work in your favor...