• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Infinia Smartbuy points query

Rishi Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
If I open Amazon portal from smartbuy and then purchase any vouchers from Amazon, say Uber vouchers or Amazon Pay vouchers from my HDFC Infinia Card, will I get the 5x reward points?

Solution
As per smartbuy terms all vouchers are excluded. I think points will get reversed even if you get it intially and merchant name shows as Smartbuy Amazon. Haven't tried myself though.

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One of the T&C on Smartbuy is No 5x points on 'Amazon for Business' (point 6 below). Does this mean if I go to Amazon via smartbuy link, login to my Amazon business account and make transaction using the same, I would not get the 5x Smartbuy benefit?

"Offer is not applicable on Amazon and Flipkart on following categories
1. Flight Bookings, Prepaid / Gift Cards, Bill Payments, Insurance & Recharges
2. Purchase of Video Gaming Consoles & Hardware
3. Prime membership
4. Amazon Fresh orders
5. Amazon Pay Balance
6. Amazon for Business
7. Jewellery / Gold coins or its equivalent"

Last edited:

himesh8924

TF Select
One of the T&C on Smartbuy is No 5x points on 'Amazon for Business' (point 6 below). Does this mean if I go to Amazon via smartbuy link, login to my Amazon business account and make transaction using the same, I would not get the 5x Smartbuy benefit?

"Offer is not applicable on Amazon and Flipkart on following categories
1. Flight Bookings, Prepaid / Gift Cards, Bill Payments, Insurance & Recharges
2. Purchase of Video Gaming Consoles & Hardware
3. Prime membership
4. Amazon Fresh orders
5. Amazon Pay Balance
6. Amazon for Business
7. Jewellery / Gold coins or its equivalent"
You will not get smartbuy rewards on any transaction on Amazon business account.

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You will not get smartbuy rewards on any transaction on Amazon business account.
Here's a trick to get the more benefit by combining Smartbuy and TataNeu

1. Buy croma vouchers from Smartbuy (max 5 vouchers can be used at once on Croma website). You get the 5x reward points.
2. Use the TataNeu app to shop on Croma for electronics. If there is any instant discount on any card, then don't pay the entire value of product via voucher
3. Use your GST number (if there) to get tax benefit.
4. You also get 5% Neu coins

Example below.
Invoice value 42,990.
- Instant discount 2,000
- Smartbuy 5x points 6,650
- Neu coins 2049
- GST benefit 6252
Net cost came to 26039!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-212127~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-212127~3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 22