• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Limit increase based on FD

ghost of sparta

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a Diners privilege card with 4.5L limit. I emailed grievance redressal for limit increase using my 30L ITR but there are offering only 50k increase. I tried to increase my limit using my Magnus statement (10L limit) but they denied.

But they said that I can increase my limit by a FD declaration (75% of the FD amount). So it got me thinking, how does this work?
Lets say I make an FD of 8L for one year. Then my limit will increase by 6L, so it will become 10.5L. If I liquidate the FD after one year, will my limit decrease?
What if I already upgraded to Infinia within this one year? Will they cancel my Infinia if I liquidate my FD?

Experienced members of TF, please share your thoughts.

Does anyone have c2c limit enhancement success stories? Seems like they don't allow it but if you threaten them with the old screenshot floating around TF stating that they'll accept c2c, they are sometimes folding.

I have a Diners privilege card with 4.5L limit. I emailed grievance redressal for limit increase using my 30L ITR but there are offering only 50k increase. I tried to increase my limit using my Magnus statement (10L limit) but they denied.

But they said that I can increase my limit by a FD declaration (75% of the FD amount). So it got me thinking, how does this work?
Lets say I make an FD of 8L for one year. Then my limit will increase by 6L, so it will become 10.5L. If I liquidate the FD after one year, will my limit decrease?
What if I already upgraded to Infinia within this one year? Will they cancel my Infinia if I liquidate my FD?

Bro, this is the first time I've heard of something like this, especially with HDFC Bank. It's very strange. If they are not increasing the limit based on ITR, then no matter what you do, the bank will only increase the limit according to its own criteria. Over time, it will gradually increase on its own. Just wait a bit.

HDFC generally offers 20% limit of annual income.

So you should be getting like 6L from them.

FD isn't recommended, until you know how to milk them/their card 😁.

Can you get infinia like this? I mean get your limit to 8L with fd and spending 7.5L in six month
Has any one done it
I am considering this as a option 😂
I feel the current market is not very stable so have taken out my investment thinking of putting it in FD

Back