• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points HDFC Marriott Bonvoy Card vs Amex Platinum Travel Card

chinnodu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I'd the purpose is to earn maximum Mariott Bonvoy Points, Amex Platinum Travel Card is better than HDFC Marriott Bonvoy CC.

By spending 4L you will get massive 48000 Bonvoy points through Platinum Travel Card. With these points you can get minimum three night stays within 15000 range properties.

But you need spend 6L to earn two night stays. One on renewal fee payment and another on reaching spending milestone of 6L.

Reactions: BVC
Solution
What you said is accepted, but HDFC Marriott card excels in 2 other places.

- Diners network card with 3500 fees, with better lounge access and 12 Intl, Domestic lounges (Diners has better lounge acceptance)
- Amex is not into Tier 2 Cities & HDFC MB card can be easily gettable.
- MB Silver Tier status.

If you are regular traveler to Marriott Properties suggest you to hold both the cards.

BVC

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What you said is accepted, but HDFC Marriott card excels in 2 other places.

- Diners network card with 3500 fees, with better lounge access and 12 Intl, Domestic lounges (Diners has better lounge acceptance)
- Amex is not into Tier 2 Cities & HDFC MB card can be easily gettable.
- MB Silver Tier status.

If you are regular traveler to Marriott Properties suggest you to hold both the cards.

Solution

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I'd the purpose is to earn maximum Mariott Bonvoy Points, Amex Platinum Travel Card is better than HDFC Marriott Bonvoy CC.

By spending 4L you will get massive 48000 Bonvoy points through Platinum Travel Card. With these points you can get minimum three night stays within 15000 range properties.

But you need spend 6L to earn two night stays. One on renewal fee payment and another on reaching spending milestone of 6L.
If Marriott Bonvoy tier is not ur agenda then Platinum Travel
Wallet load also considered 😉

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I use the Marriott Bonvoy card as the get and forget card.

Once you get it, make the most from the first free night and then forget you own the card!

(The next year fees message will remind you that you own it, so don't forget to claim the free night next year again)

Amex being Amex is obviously better, not just for hotels but from an overall point of view.
Always good to have an Amex card in your wallet to show off and also for the best rewards!