• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC maximum no of cards per category. Is it a good deal to get an upgrade from DCP(LTF) to Infinia(charged)?

cc_dc_explorer

TF Premier
I had a long talk with my virtual RM today in HDFC. I was asking for a free upgrade to Infinia. I currently hold Diners club privilege CC LTF.

I was told that I can only have 1 CORE card (PRIMARY) and 2 (SECONDARY) and some Rupay cards. Is it true?

I then asked if it is possible to get the Infinia (chargable) and still hold DCP which I have? But again I was told I have to upgrade the card in which case the Infinia will be chargable and DCP will not be available. Below are the list told to me for Primary/Core cards...

PRIMARY - 1
  • DCP
  • DCB
  • INFINIA
  • MILLENIA
  • REGALIA

SECONDARY - 2
  • SWIGGY
  • TATA NEU
  • etc.....

I would like to get Inifnia along with DCP (don't want to loose LTF card). I can pay Infinia charges. Is there any way to get this ???

Primary mentioned is core cards
Secondary mentioned is co branded cards.

Core card can be 1 or 2 in some cases while cobranded cards limit is unlimited.

You can have different different co branded cards.

Hope it solved your query.

I had a long talk with my virtual RM today in HDFC. I was asking for a free upgrade to Infinia. I currently hold Diners club privilege CC LTF.

I was told that I can only have 1 CORE card (PRIMARY) and 2 (SECONDARY) and some Rupay cards. Is it true?

I then asked if it is possible to get the Infinia (chargable) and still hold DCP which I have? But again I was told I have to upgrade the card in which case the Infinia will be chargable and DCP will not be available. Below are the list told to me for Primary/Core cards...

PRIMARY - 1
  • DCP
  • DCB
  • INFINIA
  • MILLENIA
  • REGALIA

SECONDARY - 2
  • SWIGGY
  • TATA NEU
  • etc.....

I would like to get Inifnia along with DCP (don't want to loose LTF card). I can pay Infinia charges. Is there any way to get this ???
I think Infinia provides every feature DCP has, and a lot more. So it doesn't make sense to hold one inferior card. It will be added to your total credit limit and make your credit profile over-leveraged. Or am I missing something?

There is no limit on core or primary cards only criteria is they will need internal approval to get you any additional core card and which they mostly consider case to case basis.

Infinia upgrade is difficult to get for existing customers. If you are getting it without any conditions like ULIP you can take it, definitely better card than DCP.

PRIMARY - 1
  • DCP
  • DCB
  • INFINIA
  • MILLENIA
  • REGALIA

SECONDARY - 2
  • SWIGGY
  • TATA NEU
  • etc.....

Makes no sense to hold DCP even ltf if you get Infinia. Just go ahead with the upgrade. And as for co branded cards you can apply for one every 3 months if applied online I guess, with Infinia it will be smooth sailing

Back