• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

Sounds good, make sure you do a purchase of around 5000ish of GV
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Let him go thru previous posts and see the sweet spot is 5350.

I would try this personally and update 3-4 months later.
I have been using Millennia DC since Jan'24 and tracking my CBs every month. 5% promotional CBs are getting credited correctly for each month.
But i face problem with product CB. Instead of 5%, I received only 2.5% for purchasing via Smartbuy.

I have been mailing the support team for over 3 months and finally I received the outstanding CBs. (Below is the screenshot)

So, from my experience, I'm receiving product CB - 2.5% for transactions via Smartbuy. And mail them each month to receive the outstanding 2.5%.

1722956850842.webp

I have been using Millennia DC since Jan'24 and tracking my CBs every month. 5% promotional CBs are getting credited correctly for each month.
But i face problem with product CB. Instead of 5%, I received only 2.5% for purchasing via Smartbuy.

I have been mailing the support team for over 3 months and finally I received the outstanding CBs. (Below is the screenshot)

So, from my experience, I'm receiving product CB - 2.5% for transactions via Smartbuy. And mail them each month to receive the outstanding 2.5%.

View attachment 64084
So, if we buy via smartbuy, is it not 2.5% plus 5% ?
Is it just 5%?

So, if we buy via smartbuy, is it not 2.5% plus 5% ?
Is it just 5%?
Only few people reported this 2.5% issue with their card even on smartbuy. In actual they are getting 2.5% online CB but not rest of 5% product feature. He should have asked for 5% instead. Till now I have received complete 5% cashback on smartbuy txns since March alongwith Sbuy own 5%. Only by end of this month I will be able to confirm because in May I kept txns in a way which will confirm the 5%+2.5% Millennia Feature cashback. Before that all my txns were above 8K on smartbuy or CC bills. So 400 was always there. My friends Dec 2023 txns when I checked already confirmed it as he received 5+2.5% and only after that I brought this to everyone's attention. I have 4 Mill. DC in family and on every card SBuy/CC txn gave complete 400 till now and no problem with calculations also. Those who are facing issues aren't getting 5% as a whole. :)

Last edited:
@desiviru
Seems my millenia dc is approved as it is getting shown in the hdfc bank app. May be in a day or 2 , it will be delivered and I will start using right away.
  1. To be clear, I have to buy 5,350 inr worth of AGVs in smartbuy web portal to achieve this triple dip ?
  2. Also, my account is PRIME, even though I am maintaining AMB of 50K +, I see no option to upgrade my savings account to savings max so I can get fee waiver for this millenia debit card. Must I visit the home branch and fill forms ?

@desiviru
Seems my millenia dc is approved as it is getting shown in the hdfc bank app. May be in a day or 2 , it will be delivered and I will start using right away.
  1. To be clear, I have to buy 5,350 inr worth of AGVs in smartbuy web portal to achieve this triple dip ?
  2. Also, my account is PRIME, even though I am maintaining AMB of 50K +, I see no option to upgrade my savings account to savings max so I can get fee waiver for this millenia debit card. Must I visit the home branch and fill forms ?
Prime is an invite only banking program. Not sure what the benefits are

Prime is an invite only banking program. Not sure what the benefits are
Seems its just a name change. The fee charges of DC are

From August 1st 2024:
**For HNW Customers (Classic, Preferred & Imperia), the Debit Card will be free, as long as the customer is part of the
respective program. For Corporate Salary customers, the charges will be as per corporate eligibility, as long as the customer is
part of the respective corporate.

SO, I guess PRIME too gets charged. Will mail the CS later once I get the card.

@desiviru
Ask customer care everything about PRIME and test their knowledge (I think they will fail, but who knows, perhaps you get a nerd).

Then ask which account is better: Saving Max or PRIME.

I don't know much about PRIME, but Saving Max is a great account variant by HDFC.

Seems its just a name change. The fee charges of DC are

From August 1st 2024:
**For HNW Customers (Classic, Preferred & Imperia), the Debit Card will be free, as long as the customer is part of the
respective program. For Corporate Salary customers, the charges will be as per corporate eligibility, as long as the customer is

SO, I guess PRIME too gets charged. Will mail the CS later once I get the card.
AKAIK you can change account vairant in HDFC Expressway, try that once

Saving Max is a great account variant by HDFC.
But that seems to be not . The biggest benefit was free DC but

Code:
Millennia Debit Card** Rs. 500 + applicable taxes

# Revised Fee w.e.f. 1st Aug’24

Is there any other benefit of savings max ?

Code:

DC will be free for savings max, Millennia is lower variant that Platinum

1723015351740.webp

Code:

Saving Max still offers free HDFC Platinum (which is their premium debit card and by default you get this card). You also get Money Maximizer with Saving Max and no SMS/email charges. All you have to do is just maintain 25K minimum balance.

You can read more about it here: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/accounts/savings-accounts/savings-max-account

Back