• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa 😆 will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

If you search for the information, you will learn something and you won't forget it. Trust me, it's definitely worth it.

16K payment is for CC bill, now figure out the platforms.
Untill July Transaction Got Cashback From Paytm And HDFC Billpay .
In Aug Paid All Bills From Jio Finance. Let's see cashback will come or not.

Untill July Transaction Got Cashback From Paytm And HDFC Billpay .
In Aug Paid All Bills From Jio Finance. Let's see cashback will come or not.
Thanks for telling the platform names. Some hypocrites just want to brag instead of growing the community knowledge. They don't want to disclose the information but shamelessly ask others to do trials and tell them the results. They don't know that what they have discovered now has been running from long back.

Thanks for telling the platform names. Some hypocrites just want to brag instead of growing the community knowledge. They don't want to disclose the information but shamelessly ask others to do trials and tell them the results. They don't know that what they have discovered now has been running from long back.
So you really wanted
6d1c0125b2732aa7e135478530f68bda.webp

Good for you

So you really wanted
View attachment 72002

Good for you
Sharing information is not spoon feeding. When you are in community sharing enhances the knowledge. What's the point in bragging that one spends 16k regularly on CC payment and then can't share the platform names. Also tried sharing wrong information that AMEX bill desk can be tried when it allows only rupay DC. It's not like that I am unaware of the platforms like unipay, airtel, canara etc. I just wanted to know whether we are still getting 2.5% on them using millennia DC. I have been using my 4 millennia DC for smartbuy agv from years. But since the GV availability has been an issue since last month thought of using its 2.5% cashback for CC payments. IDFC DC + unipay is already giving 2%+ for other cc so thinking if somehow amex cc can be paid using millennia DC with 2.5% cashback.

Sharing information is not spoon feeding. When you are in community sharing enhances the knowledge. What's the point in bragging that one spends 16k regularly on CC payment and then can't share the platform names. Also tried sharing wrong information that AMEX bill desk can be tried when it allows only rupay DC. It's not like that I am unaware of the platforms like unipay, airtel, canara etc. I just wanted to know whether we are still getting 2.5% on them using millennia DC. I have been using my 4 millennia DC for smartbuy agv from years. But since the GV availability has been an issue since last month thought of using its 2.5% cashback for CC payments. IDFC DC + unipay is already giving 2%+ for other cc so thinking if somehow amex cc can be paid using millennia DC with 2.5% cashback.
Bhai, nobody can read your mind.
You didn't mention all this information in your post.
You seem to have a very specific query. It's better to give all information beforehand, if you know what you want to know.
You could have also mentioned all this in your next few posts.

I never said I wouldn’t tell you. I just mentioned that if you had searched, you would've gotten your answers. Plus, you didn't mentioned what exactly are you looking for.

Well anyways, firstly, JioFinance no longer works because they have disabled the debit card option. So, the reply "thanks for telling the platform names" doesn't yield you anything.

Setu, SBI Unipay, and Airtel work fine with other banks since those banks are on BBPS.

Amex is not on BBPS, which means you won’t get the 2.5% cashback on the aforementioned platforms.

Regarding your AMEX billdesk query, HDFC Millennia Rupay debit card doesn’t exist, so there’s no way to get the 2.5% cashback from HDFC.

At this moment, best and cheap way for paying Amex is to get a SBI account and get a rupay DC (virtual works fine too). That way, you will be making minimum 0.25% and maximum can go 0.50% (this is without any ongoing offers)

Currently, there is a offer going on in SBI till 2nd November, where you can get around 1.25% (min).

If you still have any specific query, drop them below.

@Abhishek012 HDFC millennia rupay DC nhi hai na?

I never said I wouldn’t tell you. I just mentioned that if you had searched, you would've gotten your answers. Plus, you didn't mentioned what exactly are you looking for.

Well anyways, firstly, JioFinance no longer works because they have disabled the debit card option. So, the reply "thanks for telling the platform names" doesn't yield you anything.

Setu, SBI Unipay, and Airtel work fine with other banks since those banks are on BBPS.

Amex is not on BBPS, which means you won’t get the 2.5% cashback on the aforementioned platforms.

Regarding your AMEX billdesk query, HDFC Millennia Rupay debit card doesn’t exist, so there’s no way to get the 2.5% cashback from HDFC.

At this moment, best and cheap way for paying Amex is to get a SBI account and get a rupay DC (virtual works fine too). That way, you will be making minimum 0.25% and maximum can go 0.50% (this is without any ongoing offers)

Currently, there is a offer going on in SBI till 2nd November, where you can get around 1.25% (min).

If you still have any specific query, drop them below.

@Abhishek012 HDFC millennia rupay DC nhi hai na?
Already using SBI virtual rupay dc for amex bill. It's giving 0.5%. Are you sure CC payments are eligible for 5x offer currently running?

Have already DMed @Abhishek012 to check whether there is any millennia rupay DC. I remember that platinum DC is on rupay network so millennia may also be available.

Already using SBI virtual rupay dc for amex bill. It's giving 0.5%. Are you sure CC payments are eligible for 5x offer currently running?
Yes, accelerated points will be credited by the 30th November.

Have already DMed @Abhishek012 to check whether there is any millennia rupay DC. I remember that platinum DC is on rupay network so millennia may also be available.
Platinum DC which is on rupay is of blue colour, that doesn't give you anything. It's reward structure is completely different.

Never heard of a millennia DC in rupay. Platinum is in rupay, but I don't have it so cannot confirm cashpoints.

That sounds great. Let me pay all my amex bills.
Keep an eye on this thread or "watch" this thread for future notifications

First post is updated and then you can jump to last pages, no need to read anything.

Back