• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

So that means if I've already gotten 750 cashback from platinum DC, I can still get 1000 cashback from smartbuy? Which will make my total cashback to 1750 (1000 + 750)

Am I right? 😕
Yes you will get 1000 from smartbuy on 20K txns. Remember, smartbuy cashback is not linked to card specific cashbacks. It is for every HDFC DC/CC separately but in some cases card specific also added alongwith smartbuy like in case of Millenia DC and CC where you will get (5%+2.5%) / 1% also for online txn category.

Even RuPay platinum DC card holders can get it while making any purchase via smartbuy. Gyftr has tie up with most banks and has bank specific pages for cashback purpose.

Update: Received Millennia Specific cashback of Rs.400 (on Brother's Millennia DC)) for Smartbuy Txn done in April for Rs.8500. Can't figure it out for 5%+2.5% as txn was way above Rs.5340. The smartbuy cashback of Rs. 425 was credited in Promotional cashback in June itself. From May onwards on brother's card CC bill payment of Rs.16000+has been done on SBI Unipay. Lets see whether it is rewarded with 400 or not. Will let everyone know.

What are the expected timelines for the two types of DC cashbacks? 90 - 120 days for either?

For two SmartBuy transactions made in April (one in the first week, and the other in the last) I received the promotional cashbacks by end June. However, the DC feature cashbacks are not there yet! Guess I'd have to wait till end July for those!

What are the expected timelines for the two types of DC cashbacks? 90 - 120 days for either?

For two SmartBuy transactions made in April (one in the first week, and the other in the last) I received the promotional cashbacks by end June. However, the DC feature cashbacks are not there yet! Guess I'd have to wait till end July for those!
Yeah for txn done via DC, smartbuy cashback is credited within 45-60 days or even before that but in some cases, which are rare, it takes more time also but always credits. CC on SBuy credits 5% in 3 days. Product feature cashback is txn month + 90 days. So if txn was done in March then expected timeline is 31st July. It is annoying but for fruits, patience is the key. If you still don't get it, drop a mail to HDFC support and they manually provide. Many a times for Card Specific spend offers on Millennia CC and other debit card specific offers, I had to mail them for weeks before they agree to provide voucher. But every single time I took what was my rightful thing.

how to use millennia dc for cc payments to get cashback?
There are two methods.

1. HDFC BillPay site which is available at HDFC Bank Internet Banking under Tab BillPay. Here you can pay for any Credit Card except HDFC itself. First add your card as a biller and wait atleast 24-48 hours before making a payment to it. So plan in advance accordingly. Every card should be added as biller first.

2. SBI Unipay: Link, https://customer.sbiunipay.sbi/CustomerPortal/quickPay , Here you can pay bill for HDFC and all others too. Remember to punch mobile number and email ID. Either register or pay directly.

P.S: From last one month, Bill payment gives error on SBI Unipay if we login first and then make a payment. But if you do it without login, no problem. So just go to site and better pay directly and punch your mobile number and email ID manually. At payment page select Other bank Debit Card.

You can also use SBI Debit Card or any other bank debit card and for every Rs.100 you will get 1 point equals to Rs. 0.25. Some banks provide only 1 reward point for Rs.200.

1. HDFC BillPay site which is available at HDFC Bank Internet Banking under Tab BillPay. Here you can pay for any Credit Card except HDFC itself. First add your card as a biller and wait atleast 24-48 hours before making a payment to it. So plan in advance accordingly. Every card should be added as biller first.

I think with BBPS now it becomes active immediately on registration. At least that's the impression I got when I'd added my IndusInd CC. The payment also got credited instantly.

... At payment page select Other bank Debit Card.

You can also use SBI Debit Card or any other bank debit card and for every Rs.100 you will get 1 point equals to Rs. 0.25. Some banks provide only 1 reward point for Rs.200.

I'm confused now! Shouldn't the reward rate be specific to the feature of the particular DC used? Like 1% for the HDFC Platinum?

I'm confused now! Shouldn't the reward rate be specific to the feature of the particular DC used? Like 1% for the HDFC Platinum?
That's exactly what desiviru said. You can only use HDFC debit card in HDFC BillPay, whereas in SBI Unipay (which is a different platform), you have the freedom to choose whichever debit card you want to use. Therefore, you can use the HDFC Platinum card in SBI Unipay to get that 1% cashback.

There are two methods.

2. SBI Unipay: Link, https://customer.sbiunipay.sbi/CustomerPortal/quickPay , Here you can pay bill for HDFC and all others too. Remember to punch mobile number and email ID. Either register or pay directly.

P.S: From last one month, Bill payment gives error on SBI Unipay if we login first and then make a payment. But if you do it without login, no problem. So just go to site and better pay directly and punch your mobile number and email ID manually. At payment page select Other bank Debit Card.

HDFC BillPay site support 1% cashback on Millennia DC or only Platinum? SBI unipay worked for me with instant payment.

Not in account but you have to go to Netbanking/App and then Cards-Debit Cards- Enquire - Debit Card Cashback Redemption and there you will see Promotional Cashback. Smartbuy cashback is credited to this section only and you have to redeem points in max. 90 days. Min. point to redeem is Rs.1. After redemption it credits back to your savings account. If you have 2 savings accounts you have to redeem separately for each one.

Millennia specific cashback is shown just below it with min. points required is 400 and in multiples of it. Like 400/800/1200 etc. You can't redeem 500. If you have 500 pts in Millennia row only 400 can be redeemed and for other you need to earn 300 more to make it 400.
Bhool jaayega bhai tab tak banda, na to smartbuy wala aayega jldi na hi promotional wala

1% if you use Platinum. 2.5% with Millennia. Same via SBI Unipay. :D
Bhai,
Just for clarity:
Today 13-july, I logged in to Hdfc Netbanking -> Billpay tab -> paid SBI cc bill of 20k, using Hdfc millenia DC.
20000×2.5% = 500.
But max cash points limit for Millennia dc is 400,
So,
1) will I get 400 cash points on 30-Nov, correct?
2) Same 400 limit and 90 days timeline with SBI unipay website too, correct?

Bhai,
Just for clarity:
Today 13-july, I logged in to Hdfc Netbanking -> Billpay tab -> paid SBI cc bill of 20k, using Hdfc millenia DC.
20000×2.5% = 500.
So,
1) you should get by 30 October
2) yes. not personally used, but many have confirmed in the forum

Bhai,
Just for clarity:
20000×2.5% = 500.
So,
Cashback to Millennia specific category is Txn Month + 90 days. Your txn Month is July. So it comes out to be Max. October 31st. Smartbuy cashback (if any) comes within 40-60 days. But as your txn was on HDFC Billpay only, wait till Oct 2024.

SBI Unipay or HDFC Bill Pay or wherever you use your card, cashback is provided by HDFC Bank and it remains same Txn Month + 90 days wherever you use.

Back