• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
Hey, I have been upgraded to Preferred Banking. I currently have Millenia DC, which is more useful for me as I don't have high CC payments. What I want to know is will I be charged for Millenia DC even in preffered or will have to upgrade to Platinum?

I have small doubt- is it only for the platinum card or for all debit card?(millennia in mycase)
Ps- they charged 590rs even though I've preferred banking.
they advertise that HDFC Bank Preferred Platinum Chip Debit Card is free with preferred. But things like other debit card charges are usually easily manageable through RMs on a case basis. Try talking to your RM?
Although I remember that with preferred and Imperia, there are no debit card charges, irrespective of the variant, better to get it confirmed by your RM.

they advertise that HDFC Bank Preferred Platinum Chip Debit Card is free with preferred. But things like other debit card charges are usually easily manageable through RMs on a case basis. Try talking to your RM?
Although I remember that with preferred and Imperia, there are no debit card charges, irrespective of the variant, better to get it confirmed by your RM.
She said only the platinum varient is free. Other varient are chargeable regardless less of imperia and prefered.

Both Platinum and Millennia will be free. Millennia is free to Classic and above irrespective of whether you switch from Platinum or have as your existing debit card. I can confirm as I have already juggled between the two.
Wooh cool then. I guess the rm lacks the necessary knowledge.

She said only the platinum varient is free. Other varient are chargeable regardless less of imperia and prefered.

She's plain ignorant.

RMs are mostly useless

Yes, but I suspect sometimes intentionally so! Mine is the seniormost employee in my branch, and often tries to misguide me about things. Recently I was asked by HDFC for feedback about my experience as an Imperia customer. Needless to say he didn't get a good rating. Whether such feedbacks mean anything, I do not know.

Last edited:
She's plain ignorant.

Yes, but I suspect sometimes intentionally so! Mine is the senior seniormost employee in my branch, and often tries to misguide me about things. Recently I was asked by HDFC for feedback about my experience as an Imperia customer. Needless to say he didn't get a good rating. Whether such feedbacks mean anything, I do not know.
Yup.. I totally agree. They act as if their primary job is to restrict and annoy us. However small a task is, they will react as if the client has asked for their kidneys.

Does this mean that I can upgrade to preferred banking? But also that would mean I’ll have to maintain 2 lakhs AQB/AMB?
Yes, you can upgrade to Preferred banking. No need to maintain any balance. There is no non-maintenance charge once upgraded. In worst case, they wil downgrade you.

Back