• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC sends autopay notification to work email

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Found this bizarre behaviour from HDFC when I set up a couple of standing instructions on my newly acquired HDFC Swiggy card. The bank sends all the transaction emails to the correct email id, which is the one added to my HDFC account and credit cards. But when I setup a standing instruction, they send the confirmation email to my work email id.

This is bizarre for two reasons:
  1. First being, why on earth would they do this? Sending different types of emails to different id's.
  2. And second being, I never gave my work email address to HDFC. Yes, this is my salary account and has been for 7 years so I don't even remember if they actually asked for the work email during the setup of the account. I checked my account and nowhere is my work email mentioned as a communication medium.
I plan to write to the grievance redressal team asking for an explanation and a fix. But has anyone else come across this with HDFC?

Might you given in credit card application in any of the hdfc credit card application

They will save it in old legacy software forever

They reported my business mail in cibil too

They reported my business mail in cibil too
A couple of banks have reported my work email and work address to CIBIL even though they specifically mentioned that it is only asked for verification of employment.

I have written an email to HDFC's grievance redressal team to stop using my work email for communication and remove it from their records. Let's see what happens

Back