• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Smartbuy gyftr devaluation

shsinha

TF Select
VIP Lounge
HDFC has put limit on most of the gyftr vouchers purchase through smartbuy. Amazon gift card limit changed to 10k/month (earlier it was 20k/month). Amazon voucher reduced to 10k/month. All other vouchers (flipkart, myntra etc) changed to 5k/month.

Counterpoint: Now that add-ons are getting issued with different card numbers than primary, is the limit now being applied per card rather than per account?

Are you confirming it’s true that add-ons have already starting getting their own Gyftr limits? I was just guessing.
Yes, add on cards have separate limits if the card number is different.

But this limit is being applied on smartbuy account.
Cards still have same cashback limit of Rs.1000

I purchased bigbasket voucher from 2 smartbuy accounts. After consuming 1.5k limit on first account I placed order from second account.
I used the same card on both accounts and received the cashback for both transactions.

Last edited:
Are you confirming it’s true that add-ons have already starting getting their own Gyftr limits? I was just guessing.
Yes. I have DCB Metal primary and add-on card with different numbers. And bought 10k Amazon Shoping vouchers each on these 2 cards.
I got it with separate smartbuy accounts.

But not sure if this a glitch or permanent.

Yes. I have DCB Metal primary and add-on card with different numbers. And bought 10k Amazon Shoping vouchers each on these 2 cards.
I got it with separate smartbuy accounts.

But not sure if this a glitch or permanent.
It's not a glitch but how gyftr maps vouchers to user accounts/numbers and not card (primary or add-on)

So technically you can use your DCB Metal on someone's smartbuy gyftr account not even holding that particular card or add-on to circumvent monthly limits

It's not a glitch but how gyftr maps vouchers to user accounts/numbers and not card (primary or add-on)

So technically you can use your DCB Metal on someone's smartbuy gyftr account not even holding that particular card or add-on to circumvent monthly limits
The urban legend around this used to be that if you do this, HDFC will find you and kill you suspend your points or account, or something to that effect.

Back