• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help applying amex card

Rahezad0806

TF Buzz
Hello everyone. I have been rejected twice by amex last year for reasons unknown. As of now I have 4 cards from axis, 3 from HDFC and 1 from ICICI. The highest limit being 260k from ICICI. My CIBIL is over 750 and I am self employed. My latest ITR is around 10.9 lac. Need suggestions for which card to apply and how to go forward also does refferal help. Thanks in advance really appreciate the help.

Absolutely, MRCC is the best budget card if you spend 6k-20k per month and need a low-maintenance card.

It gives you 1000 bonus points on 6k spends and 2000 bonus points on 20k spends monthly.

Since you're spending 50K monthly/6L in a year, the Platinum Travel card will be more rewarding for you.
This will have a higher second year free but offers 8 lounge access and great bonus milestones.

It gives you 40k bonus points and a 10k Taj voucher on hitting the 4L annual milestone.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions! :)

Hello everyone. I have been rejected twice by amex last year for reasons unknown. As of now I have 4 cards from axis, 3 from HDFC and 1 from ICICI. The highest limit being 260k from ICICI. My CIBIL is over 750 and I am self employed. My latest ITR is around 10.9 lac. Need suggestions for which card to apply and how to go forward also does refferal help. Thanks in advance really appreciate the help.
With recent changes where MRCC is no longer first year free with referral I would say it is better to apply for Gold instead of MRCC. Gold has higher reward multiplier. Pls chk DM.

This might be counterintuitive to everyone else above but my advice is to wait before you jump into your 3rd attempt and do the following

If you know someone holding an Amex Card already, maybe a family or friend, then get an Add on card, use or don't doesn't matter but keep it for some time

Or if you don't have anyone with Amex then consider waiting for sometime, try to increase your credit limit on other cards and then start with the most basic card like Smartearn

Last edited:
Also what was displayed on the second screen, something on the lines of "you are conditionaly approved of 2-3 lakhs without income documents"?
So I went ahead with vkyc as I got the link this time also uploaded ITR & 2 MONTHS bank statement. This is what it shows now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240912-132727.webp
    Screenshot_20240912-132727.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 23
With regards to the application submitted, the decision not to approve the application was taken after a careful perusal of your application and the information available with us. With regards to new application processing, bank has its own internal assessment of the application basis the customer’s profile, and we review the overall profile of the applicant. We consider multiple factors for arriving at a final decision on an application and application was declined based on the following reasons:

•High external debt relative to income of the applicant (Total Debt: 1.23Cr, Total Income: INR 6-8 Lakhs)

•Very high number of external inquiries – 31 in last 1 year

We thank you for allowing us to clarify our position in this regard and look forward to your continued support.

With regards to the application submitted, the decision not to approve the application was taken after a careful perusal of your application and the information available with us. With regards to new application processing, bank has its own internal assessment of the application basis the customer’s profile, and we review the overall profile of the applicant. We consider multiple factors for arriving at a final decision on an application and application was declined based on the following reasons:

•High external debt relative to income of the applicant (Total Debt: 1.23Cr, Total Income: INR 6-8 Lakhs)

•Very high number of external inquiries – 31 in last 1 year

We thank you for allowing us to clarify our position in this regard and look forward to your continued support.
What's this? Whom is this for?

Back