• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help Regarding IDFC Over Limit Fee

Kumar93196

TF Ace
In my idfc first classic card
Its limit is 25k and the balance left is 10rs in cc. Early morning i saw the offer of upi cc with the annual fee of 200+gst. I activated it. But right now bank has added the upi card fee plus 500+taxes ovl fee even i have turned off the over limit what should i do in this case.......??? Do i pay the ovl amount?
My bill yesterday was 24990rs yesterday and today its 25814.

Please guide 🥺

Solution
Its limit is 25k and the balance left is 10rs in cc. Early morning i saw the offer of upi cc with the annual fee of 200+gst. I activated it. But right now bank has added the upi card fee plus 500+taxes ovl fee even i have turned off the over limit what should i do in this case.......??? Do i pay the ovl amount?

Please guide 🥺
Hahaha, you got into the trap 🪤.

You had only 10₹ limit left, you placed a chargeable card request (200+ GST) as shared which incurred instantly in your card account & your spent was more than the assigned limit, so you got charged overlimit fees as per system.

At any point of time, your card outstanding/pending...

Please guide 🥺
Better to pay the bill first if due date is near then you can dispute it with their nodal officer else you'll be charged interest on the remaining amount.

PS - If it helped in any way please vote this as solution 🙏

Last edited:

Please guide 🥺

You had only 10₹ limit left, you placed a chargeable card request (200+ GST) as shared which incurred instantly in your card account & your spent was more than the assigned limit, so you got charged overlimit fees as per system.

At any point of time, your card outstanding/pending amount shouldn't go more than your limit, else bank is ready to charge you.

Atleast you should have read the MITC document you got with your card.

What you can do is pay your dues & request bank to refund the charges exceptionally but it's on them.

Hope it solves your query. You can mark my answer as solution by choosing it as best answer if you wish.

Solution
To everyone interested in getting a Paid UPI card, please don't for now. Let the dust of ongoing criticism settle and then assess which shops you transact daily at accept CC on UPI. Currently NPCI has implemented a solution to let merchants distinguish which transaction was done via CC or Normal UPI. CC transaction will attract MDR contrary to the normal one. Ultimately it'll be the choice of merchants or payment gateways to accept those payments.

So, wait for 2-3 months, assess the situation then and go from there.

My utilisation is close to 5 percent its used by my friend.
Brooo, please be careful. Banks don't care about who used the card. If you have 2 cards and your utilisation is this high, it will affect your credit score in not so good ways.
Now, coming to your question. Pay the bill so you have room to breathe and then raise an email that these charges are supposed to be added during the end of the billing cycle (when banks do their financing like last month's pending payment interest and all). Therefore the OVL charges to be removed from the statement.

At any point of time, your card outstanding/pending amount shouldn't go more than your limit, else bank is ready to charge you.

Atleast you should have read the MITC document you got with your card.

What you can do is pay your dues & request bank to refund the charges exceptionally but it's on them.

Hope it solves your query. You can mark my answer as solution by choosing it as best answer if you wish.
Should be Mark as solution 🤔
@Kumar93196
@ashwink

Back