• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help to decide the best Airmile program

TF Premier
I have around 1.4L Edge Rewards and before 1 Sept Wanted to transfer the ER to Airmile partner for trip to Europe or Australia Next year.
After searching a while I think that Japan Airlines, Turkish Airlines and Singapore Airlines have some good frequent flyer program. Just wanted to know about the taxes applicable at the time of booking award flight.
Also thinking about the Accor ALL option but luxury hotels is not my cup of tea hence I think sticking with Airmiles might be the best option for me.

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My thinking is reverse. I feel it’s easier to book and cancel hotels using points. Change of plans occur frequently visa issue etc. award seats may be limited for a bigger family, points dynamic etc.
I feel if u are already a frequent traveller and have an existing FF membership u can transfer in points and continue to use.

TF Premier
I am not a frequent flyer. But planning for a europe trip next year. Will also checkout the hotels option. for hotel points which program do you suggest?

I am not a frequent flyer. But planning for a europe trip next year. Will also checkout the hotels option. for hotel points which program do you suggest?
I am also planning europe next year, transferred to Qatar avios, i will book from delhi/bangalore to barcelona via doha. I used qatar as its cheaper and also i can use it on british airways and go via doha and stay visa free for some days.

TF Premier
What is the miles requirement? Till now I found that Turkish has promotional offer with 19K miles and 8K tax for mumbai to Munich or Paris flight. For return flight its showing 30K miles + 11K tax

TF Premier
Not yet. Still confused.

Turkish has best value of miles 19K miles+8K tax for one side ticket to munich and some other European cities. Check in baggage included. Validity 3 years.

United has lowest taxes and the points never expire usually 33K miles + 2K tax for European cities. Not sure about the baggage policy.

Club ITC points never expire and also provide 2:3 redemption for MB points.

Accor provides best value per ER. Around 1.45 Rs/ ER. Validity is 1 year can be extended by adding points within 365 days.

Please share your views also indicate if I am missing some important info.

aniruddhaadhe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
These taxes are from India to European cities, right?
Also tell us taxes from European city to India.
That will help us deciding it better.
As i heard taxes are higher for return flights.