• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CV Points Hong Kong to Mumbai using edge points

drsel

TF Prestige
Hi I would like to use Axis edge points for 2 Hong Kong to Mumbai one way airtickets next year.
Air India and Vistara do not have any direct flights, you have to go via Delhi.
16000 + 5000 Vistara miles for Hong Kong to Delhi and Delhi to Mumbai

Which group B partner should I redeem the points to get Hong Kong to Mumbai direct flight?
If there are no direct flights available then which group B airline partner would require the minimum points for an indirect Hong Kong to Mumbai air ticket?

We are flying Mumbai to Singapore one way using 20000 Singapore airline miles and the second ticket will be revenue ticket bought on Traveledge

You just missed out on a Cathay Pacific offer. 60k for Mumbai to Hong Kong direct round-trip, 2 passengers. Only 7 days max stay but it was the cheapest I could find, especially around Christmas - New Year's.

If you have Amex, just 25,000 MR points will give you the 12500 Cathay Asia miles necessary for HKG to BOM.

Qantas in Group B Axis is also Oneworld alliance and their award chart indicates 24,500 miles for 2,401-3,600 miles. Cathay doesn't release as many award seats to partners as its own program though afaik.

Edit: The taxes are ridiculous lol.
Edit2: Okay, it's HKD not AUD so bit better.

1723748241524.png

Last edited:
You just missed out on a Cathay Pacific offer. 60k for Mumbai to Hong Kong direct round-trip, 2 passengers. Only 7 days max stay but it was the cheapest I could find, especially around Christmas - New Year's.

If you have Amex, just 25,000 MR points will give you the 12500 Cathay Asia miles necessary for HKG to BOM.

Qantas in Group B Axis is also Oneworld alliance and their award chart indicates 24,500 miles for 2,401-3,600 miles. Cathay doesn't release as many award seats to partners as its own program though afaik.

Edit: The taxes are ridiculous lol.
Edit2: Okay, it's HKD not AUD so bit better.

View attachment 65163
This values the Qantas/Cathay Pacific points at only 35 paisa.
24500 points + Rs. 8350 extra payment = Rs.16972 revenue ticket on Vistara for a Hong Kong to Mumbai one way economy ticket via Delhi

Last edited:
I can't find any decent redemption options for Vistara, Air India, Qantas, Air France/KLM, SpiceJet or Air Asia

Spicejet is anyway almost out of business
Air Asia points are worth only 0.01 MYR or 17.5 paisa

Flights to anywhere east of India are ridiculously cheap because of Air Asia and Vietjet's competition. That brings down revenue prices, but no such downward pressure on miles. So it's just better to farm the 10% on revenue with Atlas and spend it all on hotels or westward travel. Might even get a second Atlas in the family.

Back