• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How do i confirm whether my Citi bank Indian oil is lifetime free or not ?

er.jaisingh

TF Buzz
Dear forum member
I have a citi bank indian oil credit card from april 2022 i did 39000 on it for avoid its annual fees i.e. 1000+gst, avoided it, later after january 2023 i have stopped using
this card because it was not giving surcharge back in few cases and turbo point too. Now i thought before april 2024 they will charge annual fees so i thought of downgrading
to Citi cash back credit card so i called CC and live chat also, they are told me that your card is lifetime free as per our records..i also have Flipkart Axis LTF and Axis indian oil LTF..I am thinking they are stalling me by telling lies. even i have saved PDF of their chat saying lifetime free. Could it be a lie.? because i am normal customer i cant do much if they charge me beside mailing and fighting on call for 1000 inr..Experienced member please suggest some wisdom on this matter.
thank you.

Dear forum member
I have a citi bank indian oil credit card from april 2022 i did 39000 on it for avoid its annual fees i.e. 1000+gst, avoided it, later after january 2023 i have stopped using
this card because it was not giving surcharge back in few cases and turbo point too. Now i thought before april 2024 they will charge annual fees so i thought of downgrading
to Citi cash back credit card so i called CC and live chat also, they are told me that your card is lifetime free as per our records..i also have Flipkart Axis LTF and Axis indian oil LTF..I am thinking they are stalling me by telling lies. even i have saved PDF of their chat saying lifetime free. Could it be a lie.? because i am normal customer i cant do much if they charge me beside mailing and fighting on call for 1000 inr..Experienced member please suggest some wisdom on this matter.
thank you
Already your axis cards are ltf
Axis might scared and made citi cards ltf.

Just save the chat, but I advise to confirm via nodal officer because now axis has control so can't believe on the words of the customer care. At lost they simply will tell in terms and conditions, charges deatils were mentioned on card sourcing time.

Last edited:
Yes I dropped a mail to head customer care asking "under what conditions my credit card is lifetime free as all CC executive are saying its lifetime free".
lets see what they reply citi head customer care always replies with one liners.:mad:

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr
Yes I dropped a mail to head customer care asking "under what conditions my credit card is lifetime free as all CC executive are saying its lifetime free".
lets see what they reply citi head customer care always replies with one liners.:mad:
No need to ask for the reason behind LTF.
Just ask ,Is my card is Chargable or LTF ?
Thats all.If they reverting like your card is LTF then just save the mail and it can be used as proof for any future deviation by the bank.

Last edited:
What email i can use to confirm my rewards credit card. I have been using citi rewards from 10+yrs and i dont remember paying annual fees(or may be i didnt bother to check). It was offered along with my corporate salary account back then. I need to confirm if its LTF else i will close it. Too many cards to keep track of annual milestone. Thanks in advnce

What email i can use to confirm my rewards credit card. I have been using citi rewards from 10+yrs and i dont remember paying annual fees(or may be i didnt bother to check). It was offered along with my corporate salary account back then. I need to confirm if its LTF else i will close it. Too many cards to keep track of annual milestone. Thanks in advnce
I think you should hold it. Do not close even if it's not LTF. Waiver spend is only 30k. and once the Citi merger is complete, we might be offered a better LTF card.

I think you should hold it. Do not close even if it's not LTF. Waiver spend is only 30k. and once the Citi merger is complete, we might be offered a better LTF card.
Thanks i confirmed from customer care and they said its LTF. i have been using this for 10yrs now. Have attachment with it bring my first ever credit card :). Btw what do u mean by we can get a better ltf card? Will they close citi rewards and provide us something like ace etc in replacement??

Thanks i confirmed from customer care and they said its LTF. i have been using this for 10yrs now. Have attachment with it bring my first ever credit card :). Btw what do u mean by we can get a better ltf card? Will they close citi rewards and provide us something like ace etc in replacement??
I am in the same boat. My Citi rewards card was also issued with my salary account.
I am keeping it for now because I am hoping, after the merger, they might give us the offer to move to some good cards (maybe ace or better) or maybe create a separate lineup for Citi customers. It's just speculation.

Back