• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How I was able to get 2 Amex cards without a serviceable pin code

sri_cc

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Recently I was able to get 2 AMEX cards, MRCC & GOLD without my aadhaar address being in any of the serviceable pincodes.
Here's a timeline of what happened.

• I've joined an MNC and as per their policy, every new employee needs to get an AMEX corporate card for office related expenses/purchases
  • The application link for this is different, it's not available on the internet, it opens only from our office network only from office laptop
  • so I've filled the application and then I had to continue the application on AMEX portal and then submitted it
  • The next day I got an email to do VKYC to complete the process
  • I did it in office from my office laptop itself and they did the usual PAN card photo etc
  • I was totally expecting my application to be rejected after finishing this as they took residential address from my aadhaar and my office address has no proof
  • To my surprise, after 2 days I got approval email from AMEX
Then I was going through the TF forum and came across a post regarding some card (not sure if it was AMEX or not) where the old KYC was used and the card was auto-approved. So I thought I'd try my luck this time around, as I was rejected for AMEX card during the AMEX explorer kit phase, where MRCC/Gold cards were FYF & renewal fee was 1500 for life. Even confirmed this in the forum here (thanks to @SSV )

• Now, I've applied for the MRCC card and made sure to use all the details from my old application
  • One confusion was whether to use my home town address which is present in my aadhaar or use my current address as reseidential address as this is a serviceable pincode but without any address proof (according to AMEX, I have rental agreement)
  • But went ahead with using my hometown address as it was used in my application for the corporate card and submitted the application
  • Next day got a link for VKYC, and as soon as I clicked it, it opened and redirected a few times and finally said VKYC is done
  • Then within 2 days got the card approved email
  • Within the next 3 days the card was delivered to my hometown address and I collected it soemtime later when I went home
After using it for few days I liked the card and offline acceptance is not that bad (not great as well, 50-50 for me) and especially Cust care was really good compared to all the horrible experiences I had to go through with the likes of HDFC/SBI. Then came across a refferral program on twitter saying they'd give me 1K AMZN voucher & more importantly the explorer kit which I've missed badly the last time the offer was going on.
1728297732219.webp
so had to go for it and also realized I'd get 5X rewards with GOLD for specific things and especially for the explorer kit
  • so again repeated everything from the old application and submitted it
  • got the VKYC link the next day and I was completely expecting it to automatically say VKYC is done
  • but this time it was actually connecting me to an agent
  • I tried finishing the VKYC from home and it failed multiple times since my laptop camera was so bad that they couldn't capture a good image of my PAN (this was actually a blessing in disguise for me I think)
  • so the next day I did it in office successfully and it had captured my office location during KYC
  • then everything went smoothly, got my card approved and delivered within next 2-3 days
  • Then I've even for the 1K AMZN vouchers from Creditkeeda promptly, he was kind enough to give me vouchers even before he got the refferral points, he still didn't get them, we're in touch with CCare to get them. He's outside IND right now, will get the explorer kit once he's back, will post here once I get it.
  • Should also get the Manish malhotra card set (not much expectation here, as the last set of cards AMEX sent were very basic)
So now I have AMEX MRCC & GOLD cards, wihtout an address proof with serviceable pincode. I know not everyone will be having corporate tie-ups with AMEX, but whoever has it and facing similar issues like me, can use this route to get AMEX cards approved.

I still don't know whether it was due to my existing approved corporate card, or me doing KYC from office or a combination of both. If it was only due to existing VKYC, Gold card should not have been approved. I'm thinking it's a combination of both. AMEX experts can confirm/give more clarity on this.

Congratulations!
Now try to buy Amazon pay on American express Gyftr
yeah bought for last month already
this month had some decathlon purchases, so bought those for about 5K
will wait until around month end, probably around 25th, will buy the remaining

Last edited:
Congrats on getting two Amex cards! This is a very helpful trick and should help those whose employees have corporate tie-ups.

Just add the Plat Travel card and that would complete your Trifecta combo!
There's also an offer at the moment where you get a special deck of limited edition cards designed by Manish Malhotra. 🙂

Congrats on getting two Amex cards! This is a very helpful trick and should help those whose employees have corporate tie-ups.
yeah that's what I thought of before writing the long post, even if it helps few people it's worth it
Just add the Plat Travel card and that would complete your Trifecta combo!
yeah that's the next target, but I'm afraid if I'll be able to spend 4L on it, and hence didn't take it for now
will keep checking the offline acceptance of Amex around me and then take a call
There's also an offer at the moment where you get a special deck of limited edition cards designed by Manish Malhotra. 🙂
yeah, mentioned in the post as well, I would get them for the GOLD card
I actually collect cards from different places/countries
whenever someone from office or one of friends travel, I ask them to get a pack of good quality cards from that place

hi , if any one are up for applying 2nd amex cards . if you use my referral , i also want to apply my third card , so you can share your referral in DM . so both can get benefit from it .

you can DM me your referral link .

only interested people DM me who want to apply through my link and vise versa.

no, it's also a charge card
also, I can't use it for personal expenses no matter what
but good thing is, reward points are mine even if the spends are corporate
That's interesting, how does the differentiation of personal/work epenses work? Does the employer keep that on check?

That's interesting, how does the differentiation of personal/work epenses work? Does the employer keep that on check?
every transaction on the card needs an expense report and it should be approved by my manager
and he would approve only office related expenses
if there's not any expense report related to a particular transaction, then finance team raises a flag to HR and I'd have to give an explanation

every transaction on the card needs an expense report and it should be approved by my manager
and he would approve only office related expenses
if there's not any expense report related to a particular transaction, then finance team raises a flag to HR and I'd have to give an explanation
So all the expenses are paid for by the firm right?

Back