• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many inquiries in a month/quarter is healthy?

Hell_Kitty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just wondering if there's a number that anyone tested here. In pursuit of Infinia I ended up having 4 new cards in the last 3 months. Also, the hard enquiry shot up to from 0 for last 3 years to 9 in last 3 months. Despite that my CIBIL score went up by 35 points in the last 90 days. Not sure when it will be screwed but want to be cautious and make sure I don't end up being blacklisted for any new cards in the near future.

PS: If it helps my credit history is 11 years old.

Any inputs/guidance is truly appreciated.

@SSV @vaibhav111 @Vasuki @helloworld @D₹V

Just wondering if there's a number that anyone tested here. In pursuit of Infinia I ended up having 4 new cards in the last 3 months. Also, the hard enquiry shot up to from 0 for last 3 years to 9 in last 3 months. Despite that my CIBIL score went up by 35 points in the last 90 days. Not sure when it will be screwed but want to be cautious and make sure I don't end up being blacklisted for any new cards in the near future.

wait for 6-9 months now.. dont apply anywhere in a rush.. let score settle

very minimal impact for you. but give it a gap between fresh applications.

anycase, no worries for you.

Getting a credit card is all about luck not how many inquiry u did
Ofc if u go bonkers that's absolutely trash

But even if u have say 4 enquiry a month & u got luck u are getting the card
If you unlucky no enquiry in 6 month won't bring fortune

11 years is itself a milestone for credit history. So 2-3 enquiry can't bite your score at all if they doesn't decline then the score has nearly no effect on it

No need to worry about your hard enquiries at all, as your credit age is more thatn 10 years..
Just give a breather for the next 1 or 2 months for any new applications and get another 10 enquiries , even then there wont be any issues at all..
Only thing is just spread the enquires like, 3 a month , rather thasn all 10 in one month.. thats it..

So the answer to your query: 3 a month is no problem at all..
Until 5 a month is also okay.. even if there is a slight impact, the score wil recover quickly in a month or so..
So, dont stress too much about the no. of wenquiries in your case..
The no.of enquiries matter a bit for those with credit profile age < 5 years

For more details look at my article here:

the relevant section is shared here... for your quick reference:..

1724603191756.webp

For 11 yr old. It won't any big impact. They are some private bank cc that hate any cibil inquiry in last 6 month bu then who would apply for standard chartered ultimate now. So don't worry cause of cibil age of your it will very less impact until you want 800 score then it different thing

Back