• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How Proceed? AMZN ICICI Pay 03'23| Magnus Mid'23| AXIS Priority > Burgundy WIP| Seek: SBI CB, Vistara CC, Maybe OneCard/Amex/Others/LTF for benefits?

insight

TF Ace
How Proceed? AMZN ICICI Pay 03'23| Magnus Mid'23| AXIS Priority > Burgundy WIP| Seek: SBI CB, Vistara CC, Maybe OneCard/Amex/Others/LTF for benefits?

Background
Was in US before and closed out a lot due to issues.
Foolishly never focused on India CC or Indian credit history.
Used US based cards before and Indian Debit Cards for stuff for years.

Was medically between bed & bath most of 2020 to 2022.

SUMMARY TLDR;

Axis Debit cards for many years of AMZN/ FK purchasing in India.
1st Lockdown 2020: Axis World Privilege MC via Axis Priority Banking. (40k)
2023 Mar-Apr: APAY / Amazon ICICI (3.25 L) (Probably due to good shopping history w AMZN)
2023 Mid: Axis Magnus (3.25/ 3.4 L) (On bases of TRV)
2023 Aug Sept: Axis Priority Converting to Burgundy.

Detailed timeline & reasons

Got a
AXIS World Privilege MC via AXIS Priority Banking (for mostly AMZN & Online usage during this time in 1st Lockdown 2020.)
40K (its currently offering to increase to 1.15).

Its coming up for 2.5k annual fee and doesnt provide seem to provide any perks above Magnus.

- Been advised to close it
- Should I take the CC Limit and then try to Shift/ Converst it to a AXIS Vistara Card?
- Is something like this possible?
- Maybe C2C to a non AXIS Card?
- Then use Non AXIS Card to C2C to a different Axis card?
- Or is this not possible?

AMZN ICICI Pay 03'23| 3.25/ 3.4L
Since I was regular shopper via AMZN IN, maybe they saw and gave APAY with 3.25/3.4L

Magnus Mid'23| 3.x L
Got this via TRV
Got it largely for unlimited domestic lounge (medical & treatment related trips)

AXIS Priority > Burgundy WIP|
Parents/ Elders have been Burgundy now we're all becoming shortly. Papers are WIP.

Current Score checked last month was 795.

Currently Seeking:
Based on last few months of being on TF I have provided my reasoning and choice based on my motivations.
If you can suggest better I am open to it.

A) PRIORITY TO GET :

SBI CB, (For the Catchall 5% CB on Domestic and International Shopping not limited by Amazon etc)
(Did bunch of Zara, Snitch & other projected shopping coming up).

Apparently BOB Eterna also has decent Intl %

HDFC Bill Pay facility for CB

B) NICE TO HAVE:
Vistara CC, (For airline luggage etc benefits if at all)

C) Maybe OneCard or Other Cards that have good CB/ Inst discounts on Clothes Shopping online.

(Seems to be changing on Myntra every month from RBL to Kotak to OneCard)

Maybe: Open to Suggesions?

Maybe OneCard/
Amex/
Others/
LTF for benefits?

Last edited:

Dharm

TF Premier

Background
Was in US before and closed out a lot due to issues.
Foolishly never focused on India CC or Indian credit history.
Used US based cards before and Indian Debit Cards for stuff for years.

Was medically between bed & bath most of 2020 to 2022.

Got a
AXIS World Privilege MC via AXIS Priority Banking (for mostly AMZN & Online usage during this time in 1st Lockdown 2020.)
40K (its currently offering to increase to 1.15).

Its coming up for 2.5k annual fee and doesnt provide seem to provide any perks above Magnus.

- Been advised to close it
- Should I take the CC Limit and then try to Shift/ Converst it to a AXIS Vistara Card?
- Is something like this possible?
- Maybe C2C to a non AXIS Card?
- Then use Non AXIS Card to C2C to a different Axis card?
- Or is this not possible?

AMZN ICICI Pay 03'23| 3.25/ 3.4L
Since I was regular shopper via AMZN IN, maybe they saw and gave APAY with 3.25/3.4L

Magnus Mid'23| 3.x L
Got this via TRV
Got it largely for unlimited domestic lounge (medical & treatment related trips)

AXIS Priority > Burgundy WIP|
Parents/ Elders have been Burgundy now we're all becoming shortly. Papers are WIP.

Current Score checked last month was 795.

Currently Seeking:
Based on last few months of being on TF I have provided my reasoning and choice based on my motivations.
If you can suggest better I am open to it.

A) PRIORITY TO GET :

SBI CB, (For the Catchall 5% CB on Domestic and International Shopping not limited by Amazon etc)
(Did bunch of Zara, Snitch & other projected shopping coming up).

Apparently BOB Eterna also has decent Intl %

HDFC Bill Pay facility for CB

B) NICE TO HAVE:
Vistara CC, (For airline luggage etc benefits if at all)

C) Maybe OneCard or Other Cards that have good CB/ Inst discounts on Clothes Shopping online.

(Seems to be changing on Myntra every month from RBL to Kotak to OneCard)

Maybe: Open to Suggesions?

Maybe OneCard/
Amex/
Others/
LTF for benefits?
For Myntra, I suggest standard charted digismart card, which gives 20% on Myntra, 10% on ola, Zomato and blinkit, buy one get one movie ticket on Inox.

One card also gives random offers on Myntra for 15%

insight

TF Ace
For Myntra, I suggest standard charted digismart card, which gives 20% on Myntra, 10% on ola, Zomato and blinkit, buy one get one movie ticket on Inox.

One card also gives random offers on Myntra for 15%
Thanks for sharing. I was just updating the main post with Summary and "Hiding" the excess Details.

insight

TF Ace
Forgot to add.

Whats weird is no one suggested this option on my various threads wrt to online shopping.

Do share if you have additional insight: Largely.. non AMZN & FK options are not very visible: Snitch, H&M, Zara, Jack Jones.. and now Myntra, AJIO, Nykaa etc.

Best card(s) for large purchase on Nykaa Fashion? Axis Magnus grab deals are gone, would SBI CB 5% apply - Best?

Best Cards for Shopping from International US & EU sites e.g. AMZN US, UE & EU Brands etc?

Do these Kotak & RBL cards always beat others for Myntra AJIO or just temporarily? Whats closest SBI CB?

What CCs for: Offline & Online H&M/Zara/Snitch India Sites? and International Online Shopping e.g. AMZN US, US/ EU sites?

Best Cards for Online Shopping? Got AMZN ICICI, but wondering of others for non Amazon IN online shopping?

Dharm

TF Premier
Apart from Myntra, for others SBI CB is best option, as SBI CB and SC Digismart offer are always applicable options, and does not depend on seasonal offers.

One card on otherside runs random offer for Ajio, Amazon and Myntra.

For Zara and H&M , I do not see much offers, so SBI CB is decent option.

Tata neu infinity card gives 10% online and 5% offline on Tata brands like Westside, Tata cliq and chroma. Although not aware about zudio( heard that is also Tata brand), it also gives 20% (10+10) on big basket.

For other offline transaction Axis Ace is best choice which gives 2% flat.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
One quick question: Where does SBI CB not work? Does it also give 5% CB on Amazon or is that exempted?
SBI CB is King of CB card, mus thave in your case. It works on all online shopping including international purchases.
Will give you exclusion list soon
The exclusion list is based on MCC not based website

insight

TF Ace
Apart from Myntra, for others SBI CB is best option, as SBI CB and SC Digismart offer are always applicable options, and does not depend on seasonal offers.

One card on otherside runs random offer for Ajio, Amazon and Myntra.

For Zara and H&M , I do not see much offers, so SBI CB is decent option.

Tata neu infinity card gives 10% online and 5% offline on Tata brands
like Westside, Tata cliq and chroma.
Although not aware about zudio( heard that is also Tata brand),
it also gives 20% (10+10) on big basket.

For other offline transaction Axis Ace is best choice which gives 2% flat.
So I finally applied for SBI CB via my cousins referrer. Online everything (Aadhar, PAN, Digilocker, Bank A/C KYC etc) and was approved shortly. Shipping in few days.

That would then become my Primary Shopper outside of Magnus.

So I was contemplating SCB DigiSmart based on your suggestion for the 20% at Myntra -

Then I saw monthly 5K requirement to waive 50 fee. Weird method. I doubt I'll be Myntra shopping that often.

Maybe just a End of Season - Shop Order via Myntra when deals are on.

How do you tackle it?

So pondering that vs OneCard as a second in line.

@Dharm

Dharm

TF Premier
So I finally applied for SBI CB via my cousins referrer. Online everything (Aadhar, PAN, Digilocker, Bank A/C KYC etc) and was approved shortly. Shipping in few days.

That would then become my Primary Shopper outside of Magnus.

So I was contemplating SCB DigiSmart based on your suggestion for the 20% at Myntra -

Then I saw monthly 5K requirement to waive 50 fee. Weird method. I doubt I'll be Myntra shopping that often.

Maybe just a End of Season - Shop Order via Myntra when deals are on.

How do you tackle it?

So pondering that vs OneCard as a second in line.

@Dharm
I got Digismart as LTF, so fee was not an issue for me. And for LTF, it has decent features i.e. 20% on yatra.com and Myntra, 10% on ola, Zomato and blinkit, buy one get one movie ticket on Inox.

I also have onecard, in case I need additional offers.

insight

TF Ace
I got Digismart as LTF, so fee was not an issue for me.
How and when? Was it a public offer during new launch or you got Selected?
Any way to get such an offer now?
Could you refer someone for the same?
And for LTF, it has decent features i.e. 20% on yatra.com and Myntra, 10% on ola, Zomato and blinkit, buy one get one movie ticket on Inox.
Its great if one uses all of the above regularly, but just for off season myntra buy Im debating its worth for me.
Or get it, use it for major buy and then cancel it?
OR
Wonder if I could ask you or someone to facilitate for me?
I also have onecard, in case I need additional offers.
I might apply for that maybe.

Dharm

TF Premier
How and when? Was it a public offer during new launch or you got Selected?
Any way to get such an offer now?
Could you refer someone for the same?

Its great if one uses all of the above regularly, but just for off season myntra buy Im debating its worth for me.
Or get it, use it for major buy and then cancel it?
OR
Wonder if I could ask you or someone to facilitate for me?

I might apply for that maybe.
I have an LTF landmark card with standard charted, when their partnership ended with landamark, they sent paid Digismart for upgrade without my consent,

So I called them to close it, then they converted it LTF, as I have long relationship with them. Although I rarely used that old card

insight

TF Ace
I have an LTF landmark card with standard charted, when their partnership ended with landamark, they sent paid Digismart for upgrade without my consent,
Interesting history.
"Landmark" the forum or something else? Was this LM card LTF/ FYF/ YF?
Since what year did you have this card?
^ There's so much to unpack from this background :)
So I called them to close it, then they converted it LTF, as I have long relationship with them.
Your relation since what year? (much before this unused CC).
Although I rarely used that old card

Dharm

TF Premier
Interesting history.
"Landmark" the forum or something else? Was this LM card LTF/ FYF/ YF?
Since what year did you have this card?
^ There's so much to unpack from this background :)

Your relation since what year? (much before this unused CC).
Landmark reward card was closed approx 2 years ago, it was standard charted credit card with partnership of landmark, at that time it gave discounts to some offline store like max and sometimes shopper stop etc. For me that was LTF. After end of their partnership, SC sent digismart paid card to me. Later I threat to close that card as my previous card was LTF, and they can't upgrade it as paid card without my consent. They converted it as LTF.

I have just searched Google and found this https://www.landmarkrewards.in/

I think it was related to that card.

Last edited:

insight

TF Ace
Landmark reward card was closed approx 2 years ago, it was standard charted credit card with partnership of landmark, at that time it gave discounts to some offline store like max and sometimes shopper stop etc. For me that was LTF. After end of their partnership, SC sent digismart paid card to me. Later I threat to close that card as my previous card was LTF, and they can't upgrade it as paid card without my consent. They converted it as LTF.

I have just searched Google and found this https://www.landmarkrewards.in/

I think it was related to that card.
Very interesting, Thanks for sharing :)