• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How reliable is HDFC's SmartPay auto pay feature?

pleasegiveltf

TF Select
I'm considering leaving all my credit card bills on auto pay. I see there's an option for this on HDFC's bill pay portal. The feature is named SmartPay and it says bill amount will be debited 4 days prior to due date.

Is anyone else using this on a regular basis? I'm looking to understand if this is reliable? Can I just set it up and forget about credit card bills or are there some complications involved? Don't want to tank my credit score!

1723281751103.png

I'm considering leaving all my credit card bills on auto pay. I see there's an option for this on HDFC's bill pay portal. The feature is named SmartPay and it says bill amount will be debited 4 days prior to due date.

Is anyone else using this on a regular basis? I'm looking to understand if this is reliable? Can I just set it up and forget about credit card bills or are there some complications involved? Don't want to tank my credit score!

View attachment 64538
not the best.. service sucks if anything goes wrong.,, have had many issues with insurance premium.. have stopped all

View attachment 64538
I would not believe in any auto pay systems for such a very important payments like loan / cc bill pay.. it is just too much risk, even onetime failure is enough to ruin everything.. and any system will have some sort of failure risk..

So keep these kind of things in your hands only don’t rely on any external systems, is my view

View attachment 64538
Not reliable. They missed my Hdfc Life Insurance premium which is registered with Smartpay since last 7 years and debited annually regularly. This year they missed it. When contacted, they replied that Hdfc Life didnt present them any Bill for Auto-Pay, but still they will investigate it. Hdfc Life punished me with a huge penalty for missing Premium paying date. They replied that BBPS automatically presents the bill to HDFC Smartpay and there is no scope of any failure. Hdfc Smartpay never investigated. However, I got a refund of the penalty from Hdfc Life and the Policy is active. SInce then, I have ceased all Smartpay bills with Hdfc and paying now manually via Amazon Pay. Hdfc Smartpay cannot be trusted. However, if you are actively chasing your Credit Card Limit enhancement or any CC Upgrade, I suggest to continue using Hdfc Smartpay. Above it, I also suggest you to add Autopay bills to your Hdfc DEbit card as well. This helps in CC limit enhancement.

Not reliable. They missed my Hdfc Life Insurance premium which is registered with Smartpay since last 7 years and debited annually regularly. This year they missed it. When contacted, they replied that Hdfc Life didnt present them any Bill for Auto-Pay, but still they will investigate it. Hdfc Life punished me with a huge penalty for missing Premium paying date. They replied that BBPS automatically presents the bill to HDFC Smartpay and there is no scope of any failure. Hdfc Smartpay never investigated. However, I got a refund of the penalty from Hdfc Life and the Policy is active. SInce then, I have ceased all Smartpay bills with Hdfc and paying now manually via Amazon Pay. Hdfc Smartpay cannot be trusted. However, if you are actively chasing your Credit Card Limit enhancement or any CC Upgrade, I suggest to continue using Hdfc Smartpay. Above it, I also suggest you to add Autopay bills to your Hdfc DEbit card as well. This helps in CC limit enhancement.
Interesting... So rather than CC payment which one would be wary of taking a risk with, one can try utility bill payments on autopay to lower the risk.

Isn't there a CB for using smartpay feature ?

View attachment 64538

Do we also get 1% CB if we do this using HDFC platinum debit card?

Back