• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to close Diners club privilege card ?

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Hi , we are using diners club privilege card for almost last 2 years ( my wife's card and our first credit card for our family ) .
She is now holding tata neu infinity paid card and swiggy ltf card from hdfc with 4.9L limit .
Card renewal date coming in 2 weeks approx , we already mailed hdfc and escalated upto pno to make DCP as ltf since we already holding 2 paid cards . But we are not getting any response for last 2 weeks . So we decided to close the card . And also sent mail to grievance redressal and pno close the card immediately 2 days ago , But no acknowledgement email .
We don't wants to pay 2500+gst as renewal fee .
Is there any way to close the card immediately?
Is it ok to not having core card nowadays? Or should she activate rupay virtual card before closing DCP ?
Or should we ask first year free regalia ? Her salary above 1L .

We have average spending of 50k to 70k per month across various credit cards.

Thank you .

Solution
Hi , we are using diners club privilege card for almost last 2 years ( my wife's card and our first credit card for our family ) .
She is now holding tata neu infinity paid card and swiggy ltf card from hdfc with 4.9L limit .
Card renewal date coming in 2 weeks approx , we already mailed hdfc and escalated upto pno to make DCP as ltf since we already holding 2 paid cards . But we are not getting any response for last 2 weeks . So we decided to close the card . And also sent mail to grievance redressal and pno close the card immediately 2 days ago , But no acknowledgement email .
Is it ok to not having core card nowadays? Or should she...
If you have sent email for closure, your card must have been closed already and you will get the acknowledgement soon. Further, your email is sufficient proof that you have requested closure of card on specific date and you dont have to pay the renewal fees.

Is it ok to not having core card nowadays? Or should she activate rupay virtual card before closing DCP ?
Or should we ask first year free regalia ? Her salary above 1L .

We have average spending of 50k to 70k per month across various credit cards.

Thank you .
You can follow below steps to close the card by yourself
Step 1: Login to https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/ with RMN
Step 2: Add your card if you have not added yet
Step 3: Click on the DCP card y
Step 4: Click on Services
Step 5: Click on Other Actions
Step 6: Select Card Closure and clear any dues you may have
Step 7: Select closure reason and click continue
once you submit it should be closed within 48 hours.

PS: if it worked kindly mark my post as solution

Solution

Will check , thank you .
Nowadays is it ok to not having a core hdfc card ?

You should try to ask them for a downgrade instead of closing it incase the upgrade aint working, Cuz after 6 months when u apply fresh it might be hard to get a core card with those co-branded ones.

Or maybe recheck their escalation matrix with correct emails and try contacting them once again, it should work and you should get some revert.

If both of these dont work out for you then go ahead and close it, you can always re-apply after 6 month or try to upgrade yur co-branded cards, no harm in trying.

You should try to ask them for a downgrade instead of closing it incase the upgrade aint working, Cuz after 6 months when u apply fresh it might be hard to get a core card with those co-branded ones.

Or maybe recheck their escalation matrix with correct emails and try contacting them once again, it should work and you should get some revert.
We requested them to give millennia (or any core ) ltf also , but they rejected

This is in continuation to your recent email dated August 25, 2024 regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

It is unfortunate to note that your recent interactions with the bank have not been to your satisfaction and we regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. We assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide outstanding service to you and ensure that your banking experience with us is always pleasurable.

We infer from your e-mail that you wish to have the Diners Privilege card to Life time free card. We reviewed your request and regret to accede to your request currently as per policies. We wish to inform you that your Diners privilege card, from second year, attracts a renewal membership fee of Rs.2500.00 plus Goods and Service Tax would be applicable if the card holder does not spend Rs.3 lakhs or above using the card on retail spends annually.

We also regret to offer other cards such as Millenia card as life time free card as per policies.

This is in continuation to your recent email dated August 25, 2024 regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

It is unfortunate to note that your recent interactions with the bank have not been to your satisfaction and we regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. We assure you that it is our constant endeavor to provide outstanding service to you and ensure that your banking experience with us is always pleasurable.

We infer from your e-mail that you wish to have the Diners Privilege card to Life time free card. We reviewed your request and regret to accede to your request currently as per policies. We wish to inform you that your Diners privilege card, from second year, attracts a renewal membership fee of Rs.2500.00 plus Goods and Service Tax would be applicable if the card holder does not spend Rs.3 lakhs or above using the card on retail spends annually.

We also regret to offer other cards such as Millenia card as life time free card as per policies.
Looks like they have standard template for everyone. 😜😝

Well thats disappointing, but I am thinking they might have considered offering Millennia in addition to yur DCP which obviously wont be possible. You should send another mail clearly asking for a downgrade to their Level 3 support or try calling them and while closing maybe connect to their cc retention team.

Well thats disappointing, but I am thinking they might have considered offering Millennia in addition to yur DCP which obviously wont be possible. You should send another mail clearly asking for a downgrade to their Level 3 support or try calling them and while closing maybe connect to their cc retention team.
Yeah , we asked any hdfc core card as ltf and mentioned millennia as example , sadly they didn't . Previously my wife had salary account there but 1 year ago she switched company and salary account moved to different bank .

Btw i am holding millennia card but that also paid one .

Yeah , we asked any hdfc core card as ltf and mentioned millennia as example , sadly they didn't . Previously my wife had salary account there but 1 year ago she switched company and salary account moved to different bank .

Btw i am holding millennia card but that also paid one .
I am still trying to understand why are you behind Millenia LTF? Isn't it obvious that it has very low spend limit to get the annual fee waived. Plus, you get good amount of 5% cashback on Amazon and other major websites. Also, Millenia is the only card with 1RP = 1rs as cashback credit to statement.

I am still trying to understand why are you behind Millenia LTF? Isn't it obvious that it has very low spend limit to get the annual fee waived. Plus, you get good amount of 5% cashback on Amazon and other major websites. Also, Millenia is the only card with 1RP = 1rs as cashback credit to statement.
I already spend 4L last year in millennia, so mine already free for this year , but for my wife it will be downgrade from DCP, so we have to pay the card fee and no joining benefits as 1000 cashback if i understand correctly ( i heard existing card holders won't get it ) . So we will lose 1000+ gst .
Recently I got sbi cashback card , so our hdfc smartbuy expenses reduced very much .

I mentioned mine is paid card because my company name is in corporate tie up list and having salary account.

Closure request given last night , will update if anything happens.
Hopefully credit card retention team will call her . I told to her that we need any ltf hdfc core else , or atleast fyf .

I already spend 4L last year in millennia, so mine already free for this year , but for my wife it will be downgrade from DCP, so we have to pay the card fee and no joining benefits as 1000 cashback if i understand correctly ( i heard existing card holders won't get it ) . So we will lose 1000+ gst .
Recently I got sbi cashback card , so our hdfc smartbuy expenses reduced very much .

I mentioned mine is paid card because my company name is in corporate tie up list and having salary account.
What is your spend based criteria on Millenia for fees reversal?

Back