• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get a Bank locker?

manas_rock

TF Select
Most banks lockers are already fully booked and have a waiting list.
I need a bank locker near my home and don’t want to make a 5 lakh FD or buy a useless ULIP. That would make cost of locker prohibitive.
Any hacks?

Try ICICI customer care... They have list of branches with lockers and free locker count also.

IndusInd has option to book locker in app. If selected location don't have any locker available it will give error while booking.

IDFC no option to know details other than visiting branch.

While visiting branch tell them you already have the product offering covered and have short term investment strategy.

You can't get for free. There is always cost attached to the locker. So FD or pay out of your pocket, You will have to pay one way or the other.

You can't get for free. There is always cost attached to the locker. So FD or pay out of your pocket, You will have to pay one way or the other.
Yes previously when it was less famous it was free with some product.

I had recently opened one at INDUSIND for first year free and 50% off from second year hold Exclusive Account.

If you hold premium account they have discount on locker charges

Yes previously when it was less famous it was free with some product.

I had recently opened one at INDUSIND for first year free and 50% off from second year hold Exclusive Account.

If you hold premium account they have discount on locker charges
I am fine to pay locker charges. That’s fine.
I am not fine to have additional FD or buy a ULIP in addition to locker charges.
I am a stock investor, at 25% cagr, I can make 5 lakhs into 50 lakhs over 10 years.
I can’t make a 5 lakh FD for just a locker.

I am fine to pay locker charges. That’s fine.
I am not fine to have additional FD or buy a ULIP in addition to locker charges.
I am a stock investor, at 25% cagr, I can make 5 lakhs into 50 lakhs over 10 years.
I can’t make a 5 lakh FD for just a locker.
They usually try to sell long term annuity like instruments... Life insurance and mf sip...

You tell them because of market fluctuations and you being better player... You yourself re allocate funds in short terms within each year. No longterm risk... And if they say for 80C say you already have something packed... I had this conversation with their BM. he was trying to convert me... I said I can go to another bank no worries.

*By the way what's your strategy? Technical or Fundamental? Derivatives/options? Time span?

Last edited:
They usually try to sell long term annuity like instruments... Life insurance and mf sip...

You tell them because of market fluctuations and you being better player... You yourself re allocate funds in short terms within each year. No longterm risk... And if they say for 80C say you already have something packed... I had this conversation with their BM. he was trying to convert me... I said I can go to another bank no worries.

*By the way what's your strategy? Technical or Fundamental? Derivatives/options? Time span?
fundamental investor. I pay 70-80L in capital gain taxes every yr

Axis bank app shows locker availability. Once you find the branch with available lockers, no need to buy any product. Just open account and they will give you the locker.
I got locker like this only.

Axis bank app shows locker availability. Once you find the branch with available lockers, no need to buy any product. Just open account and they will give you the locker.
it shows waitlist of 5. shd I apply. any chances of getting? available lockers are in very far off branches

can you share details regarding how to navigate to get this in AxisMobile
I've no account with Axis, just a credit card, so some of the options don't appear for me

Make an investment or buy a ULIP and you will get it. 🤣
What if you take their shitty ULIP or term plan. Just pay the first month premium, take the locker, and stop paying premiums. 🤔
You will lose the term plan but it's not like you wanted it in the first place. Only need to sacrifice one month's premium which will be around 1k.
And then they cannot force you to vacate your locker just because you stopped the term plan because we all know the locker never had any relation to it. It was just RM trying to be a salesman.
Gotta play the UNO reverse.

What if you take their shitty ULIP or term plan. Just pay the first month premium, take the locker, and stop paying premiums. 🤔
You will lose the term plan but it's not like you wanted it in the first place. Only need to sacrifice one month's premium which will be around 1k.
And then they cannot force you to vacate your locker just because you stopped the term plan because we all know the locker never had any relation to it. It was just RM trying to be a salesman.
Gotta play the UNO reverse.
I liked the idea but does the closure requires permission of BM?

Back