• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get a better cc while holding HDFC Paytm 1lac limit and no income/ITR

arydestroyer

TF Buzz
Hello guys, in the previous thread I had mentioned how HDFC was offering me a moneyback+, but as you guys suggested I did not take it.

After several negotiations I was finally able to convince them to increase my limit to 1lac from 25,000 without income proof of documents. It is noteworthy that I am a student and have no income or ITR. However, I am still stuck with the HDFC Paytm Card which is of almost no use to me with the cashback %.

Now I want a premium or atleast a mid level credit card with a higher limit.

How much should I ask for as limit ? And which variants should I ask them for which would be reasonable under my limits.

Here are some things for context:
1) I have imperia banking relation with the bank.
2) Constantly using upto 60-75% of my credit limit.
3) Cibil score of 782
4) 100% on time repayment history
5) Average balance around 1-2lacs and on family average balance around 30-70lacs
6) Personal relation with HDFC of 2.5 years, and family relation of 15+ years.

Basis the above, how and what should I negotiate with the cc team on mail? What would be realistically achievable ?

Thank you.

Hello guys, in the previous thread I had mentioned how HDFC was offering me a moneyback+, but as you guys suggested I did not take it.

After several negotiations I was finally able to convince them to increase my limit to 1lac from 25,000 without income proof of documents. It is noteworthy that I am a student and have no income or ITR. However, I am still stuck with the HDFC Paytm Card which is of almost no use to me with the cashback %.

How much should I ask for as limit ? And which variants should I ask them for which would be reasonable under my limits.

3) Cibil score of 782
5) Average balance around 1-2lacs and on family average balance around 30-70lacs

Basis the above, how and what should I negotiate with the cc team on mail? What would be realistically achievable ?

Thank you.
See my dad also hold imperia banking cause I had add me in my family banking. So imperia have very little to do with le or card variant
Cause his spend are in 4L even year x 2 years and now he got upgrad offer to Millenia with already limit of 2.69L. That too chargeable with 1k fees. Now regarding how to get more le or card variant upgrade I have no clue otherwise i would given solution to you. I might call my rm but he won't do anything though. So do let me know whom you have email so would ask for better le and ltf Millenia for My dad's. They are thread how to get this done though but with time thing changes.

do let me know whom you have email so would ask for better le and ltf Millenia for My dad's
Directly mail "PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com" and tell them other banks offering better limit. And directly threaten them with card closure. Also mention how if they are not willing to do LTF or LE then you wont even bother holding the card anymore. Mention how long youve been a customer.

They did it for me, albeit i had to mail them 3 times, but persistance is key. It is doable.

I might call my rm but he won't do anything though.
Could you please ask him if it would be even possible to attain what I am trying to get without any docs ? My RM is absolutely useless and only calls to fill the feedback form he sends in mail.

Could you please ask him if it would be even possible to attain what I am trying to get without any docs ? My RM is absolutely useless and only calls to fill the feedback form he sends in mail.
he would just ask for your number cause i have tried this thing in the past, where i try explain a user want infinia back in 2022/2023, i told him i don't know him personally, he got confused saying how you know him and that, so it was blunder and total waste of time so even know days he call just for the sake of call, he need 5L investment to move a inch/to do a thing for me. do investment and see the magic of your rm calling you untill the investment is done.

3) Cibil score of 782

Thank you.
You can skip millennia & get Swiggy FYF card

But millennia (core card) is also fine.

Procuring Swiggy card is easy.

Get Millennia Card (core card) first, swiggy and other can be procured easily thereafter.

Now, how to get Millennia:

Write a mail to priority redressal stating that I no longer want Paytm HDFC Card because of the recent RBI ban and other restrictions.

Clearly mention that I have doubt regarding Paytm's privacy policy and other T&Cs, etc.

Moreover mention that you have 1 lakh limit and that your paytm hdfc card be converted to Millennia Card as you no longer want to be associated with Paytm.

They will most likely approve Millennia.
Limit enhancement can be done thereafter, it is easy to get in core cards.

Get Millennia Card (core card) first, swiggy and other can be procured easily thereafter.

Now, how to get Millennia:

Write a mail to priority redressal stating that I no longer want Paytm HDFC Card because of the recent RBI ban and other restrictions.

Clearly mention that I have doubt regarding Paytm's privacy policy and other T&Cs, etc.

Moreover mention that you have 1 lakh limit and that your paytm hdfc card be converted to Millennia Card as you no longer want to be associated with Paytm.

They will most likely approve Millennia.
Limit enhancement can be done thereafter, it is easy to get in core cards.
I like the story 😁

@snjn I applied for Millenia and requested for higher limit. This is their response.
1723219166903.png

This is the response I have send back. Fingers crossed T.T

1723219215746.png

What do I respond with if they do not agree with me offer ? How do i convince them for ltf. I will meet the criteria each year and get the fee waived off, but the fact that theres a fee that will never be charged still kind of makes me feel entitled and forced to use this card hence i want it LTF. What should I mention. Thanks.

3) Cibil score of 782

Thank you.
How did you convince them to increase limit without income documents??

@vaibhav111 You were right, the Rm is just a waste of time. I got a mail from HDFC to rate their service and i gave 0/10. Then RM gave me almost 10 calls and texted me he is very sorry and said he would do anything to get my 10/10 rating. I have told him I want a better credit limit and a better card. Anything better than millenia without ITR and docs. He said he will try his best and get it approved from the BM.

I really hope this is possible from their side and approval.

Which better card do you expect in 1L??
I have no expectations, but I was thinking I'll threaten bank and try to push my limit till 3lacs in the coming 1 year and then again ask for an Infinia or DCB. Millenia looks ugly but any card is better than that Paytm card. Anyways, all I'm saying is I'm going to keep trying for the best. What do I suggest I do ? What should I aim for after Millenia ?

@vaibhav111 You were right, the Rm is just a waste of time. I got a mail from HDFC to rate their service and i gave 0/10. Then RM gave me almost 10 calls and texted me he is very sorry and said he would do anything to get my 10/10 rating. I have told him I want a better credit limit and a better card. Anything better than millenia without ITR and docs. He said he will try his best and get it approved from the BM.

I really hope this is possible from their side and approval.
Now rm would try cause the bm would ask why this customer issue isn't resolved so try your best to get what you want. He might nit possible then simply say would rate again zero from my parents side cause tell him you have family banking so would Rate him zero again and again.

I have no expectations, but I was thinking I'll threaten bank and try to push my limit till 3lacs in the coming 1 year and then again ask for an Infinia or DCB. Millenia looks ugly but any card is better than that Paytm card. Anyways, all I'm saying is I'm going to keep trying for the best. What do I suggest I do ? What should I aim for after Millenia ?
Define a purpose before any course of action.

Now rm would try cause the bm would ask why this customer issue isn't resolved so try your best to get what you want. He might nit possible then simply say would rate again zero from my parents side cause tell him you have family banking so would Rate him zero again and again.
You are correct, I think grievence redressal wont be very helpful with the limit increase, should try for the Rm and Bm. Hopefully it works. Thanks.

Back