• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold How to get out from HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card trap?

Akash777

TF Select
I've a HDFC MoneyBack+ LTF Credit Card for last 4 yrs which I hardly use because of it's aweful reward system.

I've applied for other HDFC Cards like Millenia & Regalia many times in the last 4 yrs (online) but everytime got rejected with a dialogue like "You have the best rewarding HDFC Card so we can't process your application now."

4 yrs back in 2020 I was offered all the 3 Cards LTF like Millenia, Regalia and MoneyBack+ when I opened a savings acc in HDFC. But for the name & the looks I thought MoneyBack+ will be more rewarding with Money Back/Cashback than the dull looking Regalia. Lateron after 6 months I realised it's actually not that useful what HDFC boasts.

I'm interested to get a HDFC Regalia Gold for it's airport lounge feature.

Can someone guide me how to get rid of this MoneyBack+?

Last edited:
I've a HDFC MoneyBack+ LTF Credit Card for last 4 yrs which I hardly use because of it's aweful reward system.

I've applied for other HDFC Cards like Millenia & Regalia many times in the last 4 yrs (online) but everytime got rejected with a dialogue like "You have the best rewarding HDFC Card so we can't process your application now."

@HumorSimpson .. any invaluable suggestions !!

Nope. Moneyback struck to us forever like an itch in the back.
Satisfying Oh Yeah GIF by Disney Jr.

If you are interested in airport lounge, look for some other cards.

u have hdfc savings account?

Close it and go through branch with offline application. At least you can get millennia and if your profile allows definitely regalia gold

Close it and go through branch with offline application. At least you can get millennia and if your profile allows definitely regalia gold
Not interested in Millenia Bro because I've LTF SBI Cashback & HSBC Live+ also where I get 5% & 10% cashback on online and grocery spends respectively.

Just need a decent HDFC Card which I can use it for Airport Lounge access and spending here and there and I think HDFC Regalia Gold will be better for me.

I also got Business Moneyback LTF in 2021 and was stuck with it for 3 years. HDFC website always said the same to me as it is saying to you regarding the best card.

Recently, after seeing lots of posts here about mailing grievance redressal cell about an upgrade to Millennia from Moneyback. I mailed them with zero hopes but got a surprise when they agreed on the upgrade and simply asked me the reason for wanting an upgrade, I simply reiterated my initial mail reason that millennia aligns better with my needs and I won't be making any business payments with my card and need a card for personal use.

They agreed and asked me to mail them the filled upgrade form. I sent them the form on 1st of the month. Got only a mail that concern shall be heard by 6th but again on 6th they postponed the date to 12th and again on 12th to 16th. I was totally fed up and complained before RBI Ombudsman.

Within 1 day of my complaint, HDFC upgraded the card and offered 1k as a token of apology. I happily agreed.

Try this if you have not tried the mailing route.

I also got Business Moneyback LTF in 2021 and was stuck with it for 3 years. HDFC website always said the same to me as it is saying to you regarding the best card.

Recently, after seeing lots of posts here about mailing grievance redressal cell about an upgrade to Millennia from Moneyback. I mailed them with zero hopes but got a surprise when they agreed on the upgrade and simply asked me the reason for wanting an upgrade, I simply reiterated my initial mail reason that millennia aligns better with my needs and I won't be making any business payments with my card and need a card for personal use.

They agreed and asked me to mail them the filled upgrade form. I sent them the form on 1st of the month. Got only a mail that concern shall be heard by 6th but again on 6th they postponed the date to 12th and again on 12th to 16th. I was totally fed up and complained before RBI Ombudsman.

Within 1 day of my complaint, HDFC upgraded the card and offered 1k as a token of apology. I happily agreed.

Thanks for the reply👍 Will definitely try.

Did they offer you Millenia LTF? Asking because your previous card was also LTF.

Back