• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to keep a debit card for atm withdrawal without a charge?

Aaaa

TF Buzz
We all use a traditional bank's atm card for our cash withdrawal need. Some keeps more than 1 debit card. We spend roughly 177-400 paying per year just to withdraw our own cash.
But there are ways to avoid it.
1) Lot of banks offer cash on mobile feature. For example Axis bank, airtel payment bank bank of baroda. All u have to do is generate a cash withdrawal request from ur banking app, visit to the nearest atm(all axis atm supports cash on mobile for BoB, bank of india, Airtel & axis) & withdraw it. This facility os available for last 5 yrs but ppl don't use it that much.
2) Lot of banks offer free atm card. For example Niyo global.
3) Lot of banks have milestone waived. For example union bank of india where if u use ur card for a POS txn of 25k ur AMC will b waived. All u have to do is order something online more dan 25k & cancel. Yes even canceled txns r counted. Milestone for dr card amc isn't that much regulated. So it works.
4) Central bank of india rupay dr card is LTF.

Use these tricks & spend those 200-400 bucks to buy a Cadbury silk for ur WAGs

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
We all use a traditional bank's atm card for our cash withdrawal need. Some keeps more than 1 debit card. We spend roughly 177-400 paying per year just to withdraw our own cash.
1) Lot of banks offer cash on mobile feature. For example Axis bank, airtel payment bank bank of baroda. All u have to do is generate a cash withdrawal request from ur banking app, visit to the nearest atm(all axis atm supports cash on mobile for BoB, bank of india, Airtel & axis) & withdraw it. This facility os available for last 5 yrs but ppl don't use it that much.
3) Lot of banks have milestone waived. For example union bank of india where if u use ur card for a POS txn of 25k ur AMC will b waived. All u have to do is order something online more dan 25k & cancel. Yes even canceled txns r counted. Milestone for dr card amc isn't that much regulated. So it works.

Using this feature of card less cash withdrawal by ICICI but max 5k once in 24hrs
Not a savvy user to explore but there were times went outstation without a DC but needed some 4k for cash on hand to roadside vendors locally sell that location goods
But the catch at last line is a pro tip
All WAGs like silky😉😋

Tejo

TF Legend
SBM Bank providing visa signature debit. No atm transaction charges, 0% forex charges (currently on hold I think due to rbi)

Free debit card, 0 minimum balance.

Note:- Just for expansion they are making free if they have high base they will devaluate as usually.

Even Hdfc,IDFC,,Indusind, Axis offers free debit with no atm charges if you maintain minimum balance in your account.

Don't wish for A - Z free services.

Tejo

TF Legend
i follow this trick: keep only 1 atm card of a bank that is free. closed all other atm cards. whenever needed, i transfer the required amount to the bank whose atm card i have kept using upi or imps. and then withdraw using that
Depending on one bank is not good.

Transfer funds from one bank to another bank takes time.

Hdfc idfc offering free atm transaction with less minimum transactions only.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IDFC debit cards are free.

Every bank's HNI account debit cards are free.

Neo bank debit cards are free.

I personally kept my IDFC debit card + Axis Burgundy debit card for cash withdrawals.

Aaaa

TF Buzz

I personally kept my IDFC debit card + Axis Burgundy debit card for cash withdrawals.
IDFC I didn't include as it doesn't have too many branches. So if ur aadhar pincode isn't falling into their serviceable area u can't open an account even digitally.

Aaaa

TF Buzz
i follow this trick: keep only 1 atm card of a bank that is free. closed all other atm cards. whenever needed, i transfer the required amount to the bank whose atm card i have kept using upi or imps. and then withdraw using that card.
Yes i do that too. Use a bank account where savings rate is higher & use another account for withdrawl. When i need to withdraw i transfer d reqd amt on that account like u do. But if u have idfc then both things are done with it. Free card & highest interest rate

srikant

TF Premier

I think UPI should be made big at ATMs. "Cash on mobile" tends to be very bank specific, and you need to have a working ATM of your own bank nearby for it to work -- that's a lot of conditions!

Debit cards are becoming nearly obsolete -- to the point where you can lose one of them without worrying crazy. BUT not quite obsolete -- there's that time when you absolutely need CASH - and it becomes a scramble. Banks will only post it to the address they have on their books, yadda yadda.

And it funnily seems to take a lot more time to come than credit cards, even when the address is fine!

A related problem is that some banks use Debit card-based authentication on UPI (e.g., when you want to add IDFC or Equitas on BHIM, you need to enter Debit card number etc.).

insight

TF Ace

ATM Cards or Debit cards?
All AXIS Priority are Free? or does one need to be Burgundy?

Tejo

TF Legend
I think UPI should be made big at ATMs. "Cash on mobile" tends to be very bank specific, and you need to have a working ATM of your own bank nearby for it to work -- that's a lot of conditions!

Debit cards are becoming nearly obsolete -- to the point where you can lose one of them without worrying crazy. BUT not quite obsolete -- there's that time when you absolutely need CASH - and it becomes a scramble. Banks will only post it to the address they have on their books, yadda yadda.

And it funnily seems to take a lot more time to come than credit cards, even when the address is fine!

A related problem is that some banks use Debit card-based authentication on UPI (e.g., when you want to add IDFC or Equitas on BHIM, you need to enter Debit card number etc.).
Some Banks like axis asks to collect dc at branch too.

Else banks like icici redirects the dc to another address.