• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to Make the Most Out of a New Insurance Purchase?

ankiiiii

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,
I recently transitioned from a corporate and contracting role. My previous organization provided excellent health insurance and a term plan, so I never needed to purchase one on my own. However, I am now looking to buy both.
I’ve heard positive things about HDFC and am considering them for my insurance needs. I’d greatly appreciate your insights on the following:

1. I have an HDFC Bank Account and a DCB Credit Card with them. Can I leverage this purchase to get any perks or upgrades for my banking or credit card relationship?
2. What’s the best way to buy this insurance—directly from the bank or via platforms like Policybazaar? Where can I get the best rates and deals?
3. What are your opinions on HDFC Ergo? I’ve generally heard good things, but I’d like to know if you agree or if there are better alternatives I should consider.

Thank you so much for your help! :)

Hi everyone,
I recently transitioned from a corporate and contracting role. My previous organization provided excellent health insurance and a term plan, so I never needed to purchase one on my own. However, I am now looking to buy both.
I’ve heard positive things about HDFC and am considering them for my insurance needs. I’d greatly appreciate your insights on the following:

1. I have an HDFC Bank Account and a DCB Credit Card with them. Can I leverage this purchase to get any perks or upgrades for my banking or credit card relationship?
2. What’s the best way to buy this insurance—directly from the bank or via platforms like Policybazaar? Where can I get the best rates and deals?
3. What are your opinions on HDFC Ergo? I’ve generally heard good things, but I’d like to know if you agree or if there are better alternatives I should consider.

Thank you so much for your help! :)
Use hdfc rm to get insurance policy and pressure him for a premium card
By ulip and health insurance banks get high commission so use it

Thanks, let me talk to my RM. I just scolded him last week for not replying to my queries, not sure how willing he will be to help. But no harm in trying :D
Few checkpoints:
Initially your RM would offer you to buy ulips in return for any sort of upgrades but you have to be adamant on buying pure term and health plans.
Eventually, they would give in. If they don’t, head on to buy those plans yourself.
Only buy through RM if you’re getting the things that you need.

Few checkpoints:
Initially your RM would offer you to buy ulips in return for any sort of upgrades but you have to be adamant on buying pure term and health plans.
Eventually, they would give in. If they don’t, head on to buy those plans yourself.
Only buy through RM if you’re getting the things that you need.

Aptly said. This is the only way to go with them.

You can check ditto website, it is a free of cost insurance advisory service affiliated to Zerodha(i guess) and the advisor that I was specifically allocated had good patience in clearing all doubts over 2 weeks that I took to finalise.

Edit : forgot to mention ; Ditto claims there won't be any spam calls and experienced the same - no calls/sms/ulip selling etc. All chats were over whatsapp/gmeet. I used a burner phone no to be safe from spam but now realising it is not required.

Last edited:
You'll save a lot of money buying through policy bazaar and paying for 3 years upfront. On top of it, make the final payment using Amazon pay wallet (buy AGV through your diners black via smartbuy).

I have been using Optima Secure for the last 3 years. Experience has been good.

Khali hath hospital jao or khali hath wapis aao.

You'll save a lot of money buying through policy bazaar and paying for 3 years upfront. On top of it, make the final payment using Amazon pay wallet (buy AGV through your diners black via smartbuy).

I have been using Optima Secure for the last 3 years. Experience has been good.

Khali hath hospital jao or khali hath wapis aao.
Hey thanks a lot for the first-hand account, this is very helpful as I was wondering if HDFC ERGO Optima was the best choice or not!

Back