• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to push for Infinia non-LTF

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
So I told my father to ask his HDFC RM/contact to give him Infinia because right now he does not have any super-premium credit card. Axis Magnus would be harder for him to get as he has 2 accounts for a long time with HDFC and some investments too. But his RM/contact said that they are willing to give DCB but DCB has merchant acceptance issues and whatnot and anyway it's an inferior card compared to Inifnia.

So my request was how should he approach his RM/contact to get Infinia.

Yearly spending on the card would be easily over 12L maybe even 15L and yes i told him to say that he's gonna be having high spends yearly on that card.

Also if someone was wondering why Infinia?

Base reward rate - 3.33%

Accelerated rewards on flight booking (I know monthly cap of 15k points but that's alright for the moment)

Redemption of points would be mostly on flights, maybe hotels; looking to buy an iPhone or maybe two during BBD sale or before Diwali, many merchants have special discounts for HDFC cards like chroma and whatnot.

The cherry on top unlimited lounge through Priority Pass which i would also be able to use. :p

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
So I told my father to ask his HDFC RM/contact to give him Infinia because right now he does not have any super-premium credit card. Axis Magnus would be harder for him to get as he has 2 accounts for a long time with HDFC and some investments too. But his RM/contact said that they are willing to give DCB but DCB has merchant acceptance issues and whatnot and anyway it's an inferior card compared to Inifnia.

So my request was how should he approach his RM/contact to get Infinia.

Yearly spending on the card would be easily over 12L maybe even 15L and yes i told him to say that he's gonna be having high spends yearly on that card.

Also if someone was wondering why Infinia?

Base reward rate - 3.33%

Accelerated rewards on flight booking (I know monthly cap of 15k points but that's alright for the moment)

Redemption of points would be mostly on flights, maybe hotels; looking to buy an iPhone or maybe two during BBD sale or before Diwali, many merchants have special discounts for HDFC cards like chroma and whatnot.

The cherry on top unlimited lounge through Priority Pass which i would also be able to use. :p
alright i do hold infinia card from the past 2 year and do also hold 2 accounts with hdfc , both imperia (having imperia a/c is how i was eligible for infinia card)so if your dad's account is 7-8 year's old with good transactions visit branch and have a word with branch manager and you already mentioned Non- LTF so they would easier i suppose but then mentioned FYF if not then go for non-LTF,your dad need to there in the present i suppose cause he is the primary holder. i hope i have helped

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
alright i do hold infinia card from the past 2 year and do also hold 2 accounts with hdfc , both imperia (having imperia a/c is how i was eligible for infinia card)so if your dad's account is 7-8 year's old with good transactions visit branch and have a word with branch manager and you already mentioned Non- LTF so they would easier i suppose but then mentioned FYF if not then go for non-LTF,your dad need to there in the present i suppose cause he is the primary holder. i hope i have helped
Thanks for the insight
Both of his accounts are Classic or Premier and both of his accounts are quite old
One might be older than 15 years.
FYF is great but if not FYF then only GST has to be paid which is 2250 for 12.5k points
Also won't they give FYF? Even if not FYF it'll be a very good card

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Thanks for the insight
Both of his accounts are Classic or Premier and both of his accounts are quite old
One might be older than 15 years.
FYF is great but if not FYF then only GST has to be paid which is 2250 for 12.5k points
Also won't they give FYF? Even if not FYF it'll be a very good card
see as per my knowledge ask for upgrade to imperia through branch and then it can take up to 1 year for pre-approved infinia , normally infinia team call the primary holder and ask for approval through IVR OTP, or you can apply for infinia through ITR 45 lakhs now. since you didn't mentioned your dad already hold any hdfc cc i will assume he doesn't hold so getting infinia through imperia banking might work or not cause for me hdfc was my first card and started with 40k limit and then it went 20% LE each year and then in 5-6 year later got infinia so i suggest if ITR of 45 lakhs is there try first that instead of upgrading your dad's account, if not take some other hdfc card , would have suggest magnus but apple had tied up with hdfc and sbi for cashback for Indian unit

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
see as per my knowledge ask for upgrade to imperia through branch and then it can take up to 1 year for pre-approved infinia , normally infinia team call the primary holder and ask for approval through IVR OTP, or you can apply for infinia through ITR 45 lakhs now. since you didn't mentioned your dad already hold any hdfc cc i will assume he doesn't hold so getting infinia through imperia banking might work or not cause for me hdfc was my first card and started with 40k limit and then it went 20% LE each year and then in 5-6 year later got infinia so i suggest if ITR of 45 lakhs is there try first that instead of upgrading your dad's account, if not take some other hdfc card , would have suggest magnus but apple had tied up with hdfc and sbi for cashback for Indian unit
For some reason he has never owned any HDFC credit card
I mean he has always done his due diligence with credit cards
He has Amex Plat and Plat Reserve which served his purpose at that time
On the side he holds SBI Simply Clink and BPCL cards
I think he has over 45 L ITR (never personally asked him about his salary)
As he's from Sales & Marketing background i don't think it would be hard for him to convince RM/contact/branch manager
I think he doesn't care about Imperia account or whatnot but i'll tell him about it
He's keen on getting Infinia primarily because of the base reward rate.
I mean if he pushes hard then they would budge right? As he told me he can get DCB right now but then again DCB :rolleyes:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Do give it a shot .. worth a try
As he's from Sales & Marketing background i don't think it would be hard for him to convince RM/contact/branch manager
I think he doesn't care about Imperia account or whatnot but i'll tell him about it
I mean if he pushes hard then they would budge right? As he told me he can get DCB right now but then again DCB :rolleyes:

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
He can get BOB Eterna LTF if having ITR more than 30Lacs. Reward rate of 3.75% for online transactions.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I don't think he's keen on Eterna :censored:
His first credit card with amex and everything else is sub-par compared to it
Especially BoB Customer care and he is a lazy guy who will not check bonus points and whatnot in their app and whatnot
Thing with AmEx app is - It just works

Hope you're getting my point
Yeah i got it .. once you get a taste of amex superior customer service ,support service become a essential service you're looking for in cc