• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to transfer inactive Canara saving account from one Delhi to Uttar Pradesh with out visiting home branch?

CardTox

TF Premier
I have an old Canara bank account and its in inactive state (over last 5 years kyc has not been updated). I want to transfer the account to another branch with out actually visiting the home branch.Is that possible by visiting nearest branch and do kyc and then transfer?

harshn

TF Buzz
I have an old Canara bank account and its in inactive state (over last 5 years kyc has not been updated). I want to transfer the account to another branch with out actually visiting the home branch.Is that possible by visiting nearest branch and do kyc and then transfer?
Go to the branch where u want to get ur account transferred , they can easily do it but if they don't they r just lazy.
They will most probably ask for Aadhar,PAN copy and a application in writing to transfer account and get KYC updated.

If this doesn't work try to update KYC via canara online website via AADHAR OTP and change home branch using net banking ( 'e-services' tab from the menu and then select 'Transfer of savings account' option)

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Find your delhi branch’s email id and send scanned copy of all self attested kyc documents and account transfer request letter etc. It should work I did the same to change my registered mobile number
Where to find email id, lost passbook and it was of syndicate bank which got merged with Canara

denisjos

TF Buzz
I have done similar thing, changed my account from Bombay to Bangalore. There was only a week left for it to be classified inactive.
You have to fill up the form attached
And then mail it to the branch where you have the account, the mail id will be cb<branch_code>@canarabank.com
<branch_code> is the last 4 digits of the branch IFSC code, this info you can pick up easily from Google.
There is a small fee for transfer, something like 50rs.

Attachments

• account transfer form fresh.pdf
    16.1 KB · Views: 3

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have done similar thing, changed my account from Bombay to Bangalore. There was only a week left for it to be classified inactive.
You have to fill up the form attached
And then mail it to the branch where you have the account, the mail id will be cb<branch_code>@canarabank.com
<branch_code> is the last 4 digits of the branch IFSC code, this info you can pick up easily from Google.
There is a small fee for transfer, something like 50rs.
What if account is already Dormat/inactive

vine

TF Premier
You can follow different online processes explained in above messages.
If those don't work, keep escalating to email id of branch head, Circle head, zonal head