• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to transfer money from a credit card to a bank account?

sherlock

TF Buzz
Hi

I ordered an item using my Axis Bank Neo Branded Visa Credit Card. I had paid my credit card bill and later on I had to return the defective item. However, the return of money got credited into my credit card account. Now, I wish to transfer that excessive amount in my credit card balance to my bank account. What is the best and easiest way of doing it without incurring any charges?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Hi

I ordered an item using my Axis Bank Neo Branded Visa Credit Card. I had paid my credit card bill and later on I had to return the defective item. However, the return of money got credited into my credit card account. Now, I wish to transfer that excessive amount in my credit card balance to my bank account. What is the best and easiest way of doing it without incurring any charges?
You can ask to Refund that excessive amount

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes that's how the excess amount works in credit cards. If you have overpaid, the excess amount will reflect as a negative balance in your card account and later it gets adjusted with your next month statement.
If you need that money urgently, 2 options:
1. You can pay/shop for your friend/family from your card and get the cash from them.
2. there are few 3rd party apps which allows doing these card to account transactions but the catch is : you cannot transfer to your own account. Second, there would be charges associated with the transaction.

AZ7

TF Buzz
Yes that's how the excess amount works in credit cards. If you have overpaid, the excess amount will reflect as a negative balance in your card account and later it gets adjusted with your next month statement.
If you need that money urgently, 2 options:
1. You can pay/shop for your friend/family from your card and get the cash from them.
2. there are few 3rd party apps which allows doing these card to account transactions but the catch is : you cannot transfer to your own account. Second, there would be charges associated with the transaction.

Can you share which 3rd parties are safe for transferring from credit card to bank account (not my own account)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi

Simple answer .. just follow the Hyderabad DON …

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
Can you share which 3rd parties are safe for transferring from credit card to bank account (not my own account)
Bro just contact your card issuer and tell to credit into your bank account.

Why to go through 3rd parties?

AZ7

TF Buzz
Bro just contact your card issuer and tell to credit into your bank account.

Why to go through 3rd parties?
I dont want money in my account, I want to make a payment to someone else's account but they are not sharing a payment link and have given bank account details.

Want to use my credit card to make that payment so that I can earn rewards as it is a high value transaction (~3.5lakh).

Deleted member 30446

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I dont want money in my account, I want to make a payment to someone else's account but they are not sharing a payment link and have given bank account details.

Want to use my credit card to make that payment so that I can earn rewards as it is a high value transaction (~3.5lakh).
It will be a rent payment which will incur extra charges and no reward poking will be obtained (in most cases). What cards do you have?