• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Visa Platinum credit card - 10% cashback (upto 2k) on spends for first 30 days

cc_user

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Last week i recieved HSBC platinum CC. Will I get 10% cashback(upto 2k) on transactions made within first 30days?
Other than this line(highlighted below) , I do not see anything about this anywhere. Is this for real?

how is the cashback recieved? will they credit it to the card back? when will that happen or when did it happen to you? how long will they take
Or will they give reward point worth 10%?

Asking these to find out if this real and then start spending(prioritizing this card against other cards)

1697203410124.png

helloworld

TF Legend
Click 'Findout More', this offer no longer exist.

Still if you want to know about this (when this offer available, I think AFAIK 8 months)

Is this for real?
Yes

how is the cashback recieved? will they credit it to the card back?
Yes

how long will they take
apprx. 45 days. after 30days.

No

cc_user

TF Buzz
Click 'Findout More', this offer no longer exist.
Was this the case before also? Do you remember?
Thought it is mentioned there in the home page find out more has no mention of it

Still if you want to know about this (when this offer available, I think AFAIK 8 months)

Is this for real?
Yes

how is the cashback recieved? will they credit it to the card back?
Yes

how long will they take
apprx. 45 days. after 30days.

No
Thanks for answering all the questions

helloworld

TF Legend
Was this the case before also? Do you remember?
Thought it is mentioned there in the home page find out more has no mention of it

Thanks for answering all the questions

In 2 years, now only they changed product features and still not updated properly anywhere but on direct card benefits page. So, except these pages direct homepage, or when you click somewhere but seeing 1% cashback feature those all are outdated and not updated.

Also, HSBC currently has only 2 cards (+1 for private), I'm not sure they care about much now.

Akr706

TF Select
Hi All,

Last week i recieved HSBC platinum CC. Will I get 10% cashback(upto 2k) on transactions made within first 30days?
Other than this line(highlighted below) , I do not see anything about this anywhere. Is this for real?

how is the cashback recieved? will they credit it to the card back? when will that happen or when did it happen to you? how long will they take

Asking these to find out if this real and then start spending(prioritizing this card against other cards)

1697203410124.png
Did you try and get any cashback in next month's statement? I just got this card today and the document says this "10% cashback in first 30 days" thing. But again, not mention anywhere.

I did find details regarding their old offer of 10% cashback in first 60 days, which expired on 15th August. So this 30 days offer, could it be the new one?

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Did you try and get any cashback in next month's statement? I just got this card today and the document says this "10% cashback in first 30 days" thing. But again, not mention anywhere.

I did find details regarding their old offer of 10% cashback in first 60 days, which expired on 15th August. So this 30 days offer, could it be the new one?

It didn't mentioned anywhere now, they updated every places. If you have proof, you can escalate otherwise no such offer exist now. Check the product page in official website or OP post.

Akr706

TF Select
It didn't mentioned anywhere now, they updated every places. If you have proof, you can escalate otherwise no such offer exist now. Check the product page in official website or OP post.
The welcome letter should be enough for escalation, right? I mean if they haven't updated their letters yet, that's their fault.