• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hyundai Creta v/s Kia Seltos

khooniatma

TF Buzz
Hi Folks,

My father is looking to buy a car for this retirement. We are confused between Hyundai Creta v/a Kia Seltos.
This is primarily going to be a driver driven car so we are looking at the petrol + manual transmission options. The most common use-case would be city travel.

We have taken the test drive of both and both seem very similar in comfort level and space. Creta seems to be slightly more comfortable. Currently, we are thinking of going for the SXO variant for Creta.

Do folks have any experience or advice for booking between the two?

PS: I know that team-bhp probably would be a better place to ask this question, but I have follow up questions on how to best optimize the spend so posting here.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can't help you directly but i recommend that you view 'V3cars' channel on YT.
Some of the most simplified, no-nonsense, car-related info i've found online in recent times.
It could help you make a decision.
Good Luck !!

Himanshuch

TF Buzz
I bought seltos HTX as I like the aggressive looks of it. Apart from looks, both these cars are very similar. Hyundai creta sells in more numbers due to the established hyundai brand name and image.

Buy anyone amongst these and you can't go wrong.

PS: I belive creta SX tech variant is more value for money. Do make sure to check if the extra features in SXO are really worth for you.

You can find many such videos on youtube.

Reactions: SSV

HVS

TF Premier
Hey man, picking between the Creta and Seltos can be tough since they're both great choices and loved by all in that segment. Here's what I think might help you decide:

Looks: If you like a bolder, more modern style, the Seltos might be your pick.

Features: Both have a lot to offer, but check which trims have the features you really want.

Test Drive: This is key! Take both for a spin and see which one feels more comfortable and fun to drive.

Ultimately, the best car is the one that you feel most confident and happy behind the wheel of. I personally like seltos more

thegame

TF Premier
since this is going to be a driver driven car primarily, as you had mentioned manual will be the best and go for one which has the best safety features, seating comfort and not much driver related features for your price point.

Sobirvs

TF Buzz
I own Seltos HTX 2020 variant Black manual petrol. I love my car honestly. The looks are the best, comfort is better on create and engines are same soo that's irrelevant.

Karthi52

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I just bought a facelifted creta tubo petrol. as mentioned above, seltos have some more minor features which creta doesnot have. creta has better suspension. seltos looks better for most people though looks are subjective. heard seltos offers are more as they launched facelift in 2023