• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I’ve an Odd question regarding Cash

asahi

TF Premier
I draw ₹400 from a Sbi Atm, it given me 4 ₹100 notes which are in pristine condition. & all these notes are in serial from 196 to 198 of same bactch(kinda like AB455196 to AB455199). When i checked the year on those notes it marked as 2023. My question is, how on earth these notes that are printed in 2023 are still in pristine condition? So this means even though they printed in 2023 they waited till mids of 2024 for circulation, if no is the Answer, how come they’re available in series order. Only logical reason I’m able to get is “ bank got the money in 2023 itself & they stored with them, till now & they’re feeding their Atm’s, Or RBI printed them in 2023 itself but released them to banks in 2024 according to the Need.

Can Anyone familiar with this can comment. I really don’t know the process that’s why i am asking.

I Can attach the picture of the notes but i don’t know whether it’s legal or not to post clear pictures of currency notes with details

I draw ₹400 from a Sbi Atm, it given me 4 ₹100 notes which are in pristine condition. & all these notes are in serial from 196 to 198 of same bactch(kinda like AB455196 to AB455199). When i checked the year on those notes it marked as 2023. My question is, how on earth these notes that are printed in 2023 are still in pristine condition? So this means even though they printed in 2023 they waited till mids of 2024 for circulation, if no is the Answer, how come they’re available in series order. Only logical reason I’m able to get is “ bank got the money in 2023 itself & they stored with them, till now & they’re feeding their Atm’s, Or RBI printed them in 2023 itself but released them to banks in 2024 according to the Need.

Can Anyone familiar with this can comment. I really don’t know the process that’s why i am asking.

I Can attach the picture of the notes but i don’t know whether it’s legal or not to post clear pictures of currency notes with details
It takes time for money to come into circulation after it is printed. It is a very normal thing.
Say it was printed at the end of 2023. It was with RBI for few months then it went to some bank and stayed into their currency vaults. Then it went to some CMS (those companies that loads into ATMs) and stayed there, and then finally it came into your hand.

it is very difficult to get current year notes in hand in the first half of the year, because of the enormous logistics involved. Hope this answers your question.

RBI has authorised scheduled banks to establish currency chests. Anything that is printed in RBI goes to currency chests. All the currency is stored there. Currency will be circulated to other bank branches or areas from here, only when required. so there can be a sleeping period for the printed currency to reach the hands.
Same happens with minted coins as well. Coins also goes to currency chests first before coming to circulation.

RBI has authorised scheduled banks to establish currency chests. Anything that is printed in RBI goes to currency chests. All the currency is stored there. Currency will be circulated to other bank branches or areas from here, only when required. so there can be a sleeping period for the printed currency to reach the hands.
Same happens with minted coins as well. Coins also goes to currency chests first before coming to circulation.
Sleeping period 😂😂?? Was that term used officially? or you used it?? Just liked the term.

Back