• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am on a SPREE!

How much max we can claim...if I count 500 for everyday after 7 working days..... penalty amt comes in excess of 150k..
500 per day, no capping as per my knowledge.

Hope you have proof of request and there was no outstanding on the card when the closure request was made.

Last edited:

Kotak General insurance employee tried to fraud sell an insurance policy. Kotak general insurance didn't give a duck.
Any idea who to escalate. Please see my post

Before filing just make sure your case does not fall into below list -
(Else your 1 month of waiting will bear no fruit and you will be prohibited from filing complaint again!)

14. What types of complaints not covered under the RB-IOS, 2021?

Certain types of complaints which are classified as non-maintainable complaints due to various reasons as indicated below are not covered under RB-IOS, 2021:

1. Complaints which are filed directly with the Ombudsman without first being taken up with the RE concerned, in writing.
  2. Complaints which have been lodged with the RE, but a period of 30 days has not elapsed from such date of lodgment of the complaint with the RE, except for complaints for which the complainant has received a reply from the RE, and is not satisfied with the reply.
  3. Complaint made after one year from the date of receipt of the reply of the RE or, where no reply is received, later than one year and 30 days after the date of the representation to the RE;
  4. Complaints which have been already dealt with by Ombudsman/ CEPC or those under process/pending on the same cause of action and for similar relief (whether received from the same complainant or along with one or more complainants) with the RBIO;
  5. Complaints related to the commercial decision of the RE. For example: grant of a loan;
  6. Complaints related to any dispute between a vendor and a RE;
  7. Complaints addressed to other authorities and not directly addressed to Ombudsman;
  8. Complaints raising general grievances against the management or executives of RE;
  9. Complaints pertaining to a dispute in which action initiated by a RE is in compliance of the orders of a statutory or law enforcing authority;
  10. Complaints in which the alleged deficiency in the service relates to an entity not regulated by RBI;
  11. Complaints related to the disputes between REs;
  12. Complaints related to any dispute involving employee-employer relationship of RE;
  13. Complaints pending before any Court, Tribunal or Arbitrator or any other forum or authority; or, settled or dealt with on merits, by any Court, Tribunal or Arbitrator or any other forum or authority, whether or not received from the same complainant or along with one or more of the complainants/parties concerned;
  14. Complaints that are abusive or frivolous or vexatious in nature;
  15. Complaints made after the expiry of the period of limitation prescribed under the Limitation Act, 1963, for such claims;
  16. Complaints with incomplete details and those that are not specific/actionable in nature;
  17. Complaints lodged through an advocate (except where the advocate himself is the aggrieved person);
  18. Complaint in the nature of offering suggestions or seeking guidance or explanation.

Update on #1: Received below mail to attend conciliation meeting with the bank on 26th June. However, it will not be possible for me to attend the same. Replied back immediately requesting to reschedule to subsequent week, with strong reasons for the same. Let's see what happens.

1718967072109.png

Update on #1: Received below mail to attend conciliation meeting with the bank on 26th June. However, it will not be possible for me to attend the same. Replied back immediately requesting to reschedule to subsequent week, with strong reasons for the same. Let's see what happens.

View attachment 58220
Request accepted and meeting rescheduled to 2nd July. Let's see how it goes. I have attended insurance ombudsman hearing twice in the past, RBIO this will be the first time.

@#aniket

Do we have to actually go to the office to attend the meeting or is it taken on Microsoft Teams?

I complained to RBI as HDFC was delaying my request of upgrade to Millennia after giving confirmation.

Within 2 days, they upgraded my LTF moneyback to FYF Millennia. In addition, gave me a choice to choose between Amazon, Fk, etc. brands' 1K voucher as a token of apology for delaying.

Yes...It wasn't a very good experience.

First on reporting at 11:45 I was told meeting was rescheduled to 1 pm for which no intimation was given to me. When they didn't call me till 1:15 I asked the PA what is the reason for the delay. He said bank representatives has not come yet. I was irritated at hearing this and told him if bank's representatives has not come let us have the meeting without them. The meeting was scheduled at 12 and if they haven't come till 1:15 it means they will not come. But he was not ready to listen to anything and simply kept on repeating you have to wait. I wanted to have a word with the BO but that also he didn't allow. So, I raised my voice so that I can be heard and this worked. I was called inside and BO apologized for the delay.

After hearing the case, he said there has been delay and bank's behavior was not as expected. But at the same time the delay was only few days so he can only give a token compensation. He recommended Rs. 5000, subject to no objection by bank (as banks representatives were not present it couldn't be closed). He also mentioned that bank has given him a completely different story but now after looking at all the email exchanges he was convinced that banks story is not true and has been twisted to look like there was no mistake from the bank's end.

I have to wait for the order. It will be closed once BO meets the bank's representatives.

Yes...It wasn't a very good experience.

First on reporting at 11:45 I was told meeting was rescheduled to 1 pm for which no intimation was given to me. When they didn't call me till 1:15 I asked the PA what is the reason for the delay. He said bank representatives has not come yet. I was irritated at hearing this and told him if bank's representatives has not come let us have the meeting without them. The meeting was scheduled at 12 and if they haven't come till 1:15 it means they will not come. But he was not ready to listen to anything and simply kept on repeating you have to wait. I wanted to have a word with the BO but that also he didn't allow. So, I raised my voice so that I can be heard and this worked. I was called inside and BO apologized for the delay.

After hearing the case, he said there has been delay and bank's behavior was not as expected. But at the same time the delay was only few days so he can only give a token compensation. He recommended Rs. 5000, subject to no objection by bank (as banks representatives were not present it couldn't be closed). He also mentioned that bank has given him a completely different story but now after looking at all the email exchanges he was convinced that banks story is not true and has been twisted to look like there was no mistake from the bank's end.

I have to wait for the order. It will be closed once BO meets the bank's representatives.
So most probably you will get a compensation of INR 5000. Do you think it was worth the hassle?

So most probably you will get a compensation of INR 5000. Do you think it was worth the hassle?
He learnt the process and gave KT to us that's more worth than 5K.
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

also mentioned that bank has given him a completely different story but now after looking at all the email exchanges he was convinced that banks story is not true and has been twisted to look like there was no mistake from the bank's end.
That's such a shame. RBI needs to take strict action against the banks for twisting facts.

Back