• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have got a pre-approved offer to upgrade to HDFC Regalia Gold from Millennia Credit Card. Is it worth it?

MrRobotx

TF Buzz
Most of my annual spending is from online shipping. Reward points on gold are only beneficial for flight bookings. I am assuming exclusive gold catalogue product prices must be super inflated. Can anyone tell if they are using regalia gold and its benefit.

Most of my annual spending is from online shipping. Reward points on gold are only beneficial for flight bookings. I am assuming exclusive gold catalogue product prices must be super inflated. Can anyone tell if they are using regalia gold and its benefit.
it FYF? did you check the benefit through the mail you have received, vs the existing card does it offer more point on the spend it seems millennia seem better for you cause you ain't sure if it worthy to upgrade.

it FYF? did you check the benefit through the mail you have received, vs the existing card does it offer more point on the spend it seems millennia seem better for you cause you ain't sure if it worthy to upgrade.
Yes, it is FYF, even though regalia gold is marketed as premium CC I don't think it is super rewarding in comparison to millennia. Also, I can't see gold catalogue product prices hence the confusion.

Yes, it is FYF, even though regalia gold is marketed as premium CC I don't think it is super rewarding in comparison to millennia. Also, I can't see gold catalogue product prices hence the confusion.
i hold infinia and my friend hold regalia so i had login in his account to see what his reward at! both cc using same portal to redeem which is smartbuy, https://offers.reward360.in/regaliagold/rewards for regalia gold.

Regalia Gold I am using since June 2023. You get high quality lounge access in Tier 2 cities as well. I got lounge access at Dehradun airport, even on Kolkata International Airport. From that perspective, its really good. Spending on Smartbuy for higher reward points comes at a premium, like booking train or flight tickets, you end up paying a little extra towards platform charges.

If looking for reward points and lounge access- Regalia gold
If looking for Cashback- Millennia Also if Millennia is LTF dont move to Regalia gold as its just FYF.

Given that most of your spending is on online shopping and the Regalia Gold's reward points are more beneficial for flight bookings, it might be worth considering whether the exclusive catalogue offers items that interest you and if the prices seem reasonable compared to your other options. If the catalogue doesn’t align with your preferences or offers inflated prices, you might explore alternative redemption options or consider upgrading to a card that better aligns with your spending patterns and rewards preferences. Ultimately, the decision should be based on how well the features and benefits of the Regalia Gold card align with your lifestyle and spending habits. If the Regalia card's benefits, especially in terms of travel perks, higher tier rewards, and lifestyle privileges, cater better to your needs compared to the Millennia card's benefits, then the upgrade might be worth considering.

This is a late reply, thank you all for your suggestions, but after a bit of research, I am sticking to millennia only for now, each redemption on flight/hotel booking through smart buy using Regalia attracts INR 99+gst, which is another drawback for me. Also if I spend INR 290 I will get only 20 reward points =10 Rs (for flight/hotel redemption). I won't get partial reward points. The difference comes if I spend thousands for each transaction which is less likely for me as I have low-value transactions more.

Back